Plate Carrier Trials???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocinante View Post

Might be 2 lads from the wing...but jut seemed odd.
    They are and no Body Armour is being trialled on the IPSC.

Comment

New body armour being trialled in Mali.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
        New body armour being trialled in Mali.
        https://www.facebook.com/eutmmali/vi...5482006797872/
        Any idea what it is?

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          Any idea what it is?
          No idea, but I'd hoped they would opt for something more neutral colour wise, seems like a very dark, rich green

Comment

Looks like some kind of an Eagle Industries vest. Quick release cable on shoulder with concealed pull tab just under neck.
            Adjustable shoulders.
            Three rows of PALS/MOLLE on the cummerbund.

Looks solid enough. Bearing in mind that this is probably one of a few they are considering. One issue that needs answering.

Whats it like when worn with a Patrol Pack or the current Bergen?
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

General staff briefed yesterday on the preferred option for IMBAS AFAIK.

Comment

Really? Iv been onto iww and they couldn’t tell me who was trialing? Thought that would have been a decent place to start and then a few to cav/mech see how they are for crew etc

I’m off note new snipe kit in by end of year ????
                Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

They were trialled recently in the DFTC. The criteria for awarding marks for the trials was on the IKON. Dunno who did the trials. Logic would have dictated that the NCOTW Standard cse and YO's cse would have been the best people to do it but they didn't AFAIK.
                  1 MIC/1 ACS maybe?

New sniper kit?? The only new sniper stuff that I heard is possibly on the way is the replacement for the FNSW.

Comment

Maybe the staff had an input but it definitely wasn’t used by the courses.

New sniper clothing issue is arriving soon. New smocks , wets and I think the new combats.
                    FNSW is definitely in pipeline but will still be a time yet. Word is they’re also going in inf sections a DM????

Comment

Ok. It's been awhile now and still no updates on what we are getting. I heard a rumour yesterday that the Australian TBAS system came top of the pile in the trials.

So we can pretty much write that one off

Anybody heard ANYTHING?????

Comment

An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Not a single thing.

Comment

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

With the exception of the proper collar and the lack of sleeve pockets that looks about the same as the new combat "smock".

Comment

2020, the year the Army went retro!!

Seriously though, the plate carrier is something that is a really important decision. I think the last competition that awarded the contract to Lowe Alpine was a missed opportunity to modernise.
                                What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X