Security Duty Allowance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security Duty Allowance

If anybody does security duties and does not get paid for it email your details to info@rdfra.ie

Where the post would normally attract a security duty allowance, yes. (i.e. Occupied Barracks)

Comment

What about Kilworth and Bere Island?
      Assurance is credable and to be credable you'v got to show you can do it!!

Comment

I think annual camp for my unit is in Kilworth this year, what exactly entails security duties, and would 2 stars on their first annual camp be expected to perform this duty?
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Do you mean your first annual camp as a 2* or first camp full stop?

If its your first camp full stop NO but if your a 2* YES but not for all Security Duty types(dont know if I can go into it??)

Comment

Ive recruit camp in April and then Annual camp in the summer....

I thought after my recruit camp in April i would be...

as usual ive mupped up my facts

duh...

back to my question tho, what IS entailed in Security Duties and how do you get landed with em?
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

After recruit camp in April YES you'll be a 2* so for summer camp you could "get landed with it" - The BSM picks people for SD on the first day of camp.

Iv done all the above more than once and never got SDA

[MOD: Edited to remove references to sops]
              Last edited by Bulldog Jr.; 3 March 2004, 09:22.

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus
                back to my question tho, what IS entailed in Security Duties and how do you get landed with em?
                When you are detailed for security you will be informed as to what is involved. This is an operational matter and as such, is not for discussion here.

I refer to standard reply 177, paragraph 2,section B, as issued to all members of this board. "Ask your N.C.O."

Regards etc

Comment

The PDF are looking for RDF to cover Security Duties for occupied barracks in a few months, I will not mention dates or locations, they are for 7/14 day period

This will be paid as training, therefore NO ONE for RDF will get SDA, however ASM/NSR do get paid SDA, if they are replacing PDF personnel and are not undergoing training (camp) at the time

This is an equality issue, therefore will not do it nor recommend/assist anyone wanting to do it, I have principles

Comment

Can this be cleared up a bit? I have encountered three types of SD.

1) In relief of the PDF (occupied barracks)
                    2) During paid training (annual camp)
                    3) During unpaid training (ranges)

Which of the above are you talking about?

Comment

Morph...you will NOT be a 2* after yer recruit camp...you will have 2 wait untill the rest of your unit completes recruit camp then you will all pass out. Yer probably gonna just be tagged "advanced recruits" (whatever the hell that is) during annual camp.
                      As for SD...have you even fired the steyr yet? You'll need to pass the table first!
                      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

If you are performing a duty in a post that would normally attract security duty allowance. It is a case for getting paid for doing the same work as your PDF counterpart. So
                        3) Does not normally require SD so no
                        2) If the post on which you are attending annual training would normally have paid security duties. The examples being Kilkenny and Clonmel yes, Kilworth and Kilbride no.
                        1) In all cases yes.

Comment

Appear to have been paid SDA owed to me on February 10th. EUR47.04 lodged to my account. The same amount as Mon - Sat 24 hours.

Only 19 months late!!

Comment

better check my account!!!
                            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

has the issue of pay for SDA been resolved and if so what duties qualify

Comment

Working...
                              X