Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reminder : Claim flat rate expenses before end of year

Folks

Many are unaware but Enlisted personnel (RDF and PDF) not in receipt of Uniform Replenishment allowance can claim ( directly via Revenue usually ) 150 euro a year in TFA and for last 4 years back so a nice xmas present

Don't forget to log on and do it before the end of the year !

Theres a guide here . The PDF in the link shows the allowance.

Merry Xmas !

Usually only BQs and BSMs get Uniform allowance so this is pretty much everyone enlisted. There were a couple of PDFORRA circulars on this so not sure if its going direct to PDF or not . Worth checking in any event.
    Last edited by trellheim; 10 December 2018, 13:50.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Unfortunately as this is flat rate expenses it isn’t worth €150 annually in TFA.

You are claiming a fixed amount of €150 of expenses due to DF membership - you receive an additional tax credit worth €30 annually (ie 20% of the €150)

Basically you pay €30 less tax annually - better than a kick in the teeth

Comment

And if you haven't been claiming it, it means you can get 120 back for the past 4 years.

Comment

is all allowances only at the low rate now ?
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Indeed they are. Fixed at 20%.

Comment

Thanks Trel !!

Comment

More info in these links.

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

ERROR 4.0.4Something  Went Wrong The page you are looking for was moved, removed, renamed or might never existed. Please Click on Home below to return to the main menu. HOME

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

From those links it looks like you can claim it at 40% as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                  From those links it looks like you can claim it at 40% as well.
                  Not by my tax credit cert. It's fixed at 20%. I have another similar credit on my tax credit certificate that I can't use at 40% either.

Taxaccounts.ie isn't a government site so unless I see the 40% on revenue.ie, it doesn't hold water.

Comment

€30 TFA for Flat Rate Expenses on my cert of tax credits

Comment

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea from this thread and considering half the workforce probably already claim flat rate expenses, its worth mentioning that you can only claim the flat rate expenses on one employment . I got fierce excited reading this thread to think that being in the RDF might mean extra tax credit. But.... as usual... revenue said NO

Comment

Working...
                      X