New Pistol for Defence Forces.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dev
    Interesting line you have there about an AC apprentice firing the BAP and throwing the grenade. We fired the FN and GPMG and a few threw the old Arges 69 grenade. When the Quarter was asked why only a few were going to throw, his reply was a classic:" there's only a bleedin' few of them left and,anyway, only REAL soldiers deserve to throw grenades,not yew-iz!". So we got to throw hollowed-out Mills bombs instead. Incidentally, one Apprentice, poised for the throw in the concrete trench, pulled the pin and promptly dropped the live grenade. The late Sgt. Joey Byrne, standing alongside the errant thrower, was seen to carry out a vertical launch out of the trench,like a space rocket and throw himself flat. The apprentice scrambled out and dived away as the bomb went off. After the smoke had cleared, Joey launched into an Alex Ferguson-style "hairdryer" on the luckless apprento, much to everyone else's delight. So there's good reason to keep AC people away from REAL weapons!! Incidentally, I got to fire the BAP and Gustav in the FCA as they had a practise in our unit of allowing the older three-stars to fire off the last of the 9mm rounds after the usual suspects had fired their course.
    regards
    GttC
    Last edited by GoneToTheCanner; 25 September 2005, 22:07. Reason: Modification...

Comment

is the Cz 75 not an old design though a fine pistol i belive that they offer a more moderen synthetic pistol . which looks a bit like a sig
      "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

The Berretta is okay, but not great by any means from my experience. Large, heavy and not anywhere bear as capable and reliable as an H&K in .45 cal - my preference. But, since you've already bought SIG's, I recommend sticking with them as a capable weapon, better than the Berretta, though not as good as the H&K.

Comment

My Personal Choice if given it would be for the S and W Military and Police. It looks rather tasty, dunno how practical, much akin to the Aug A3, mmm tasty.

Official website of STEYR ARMS GmbH | High Tech with tradition. Nothing describes the outstanding competence of firearms manufacturer STEYR ARMS and its employees better.

Comment

Having spoken to 2 sources in the last 48 hours, I am confused. One reliable source tells me that the SIG P226 has been selected(as demonstrated recently by the Minister),While another, heard from a Dealer in NI that the Irish DF have just placed an order for 4000 Walther P99.

I am thinking that the Walther may refer to the new Garda pistol, anyone care to enlighten?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Is the Walther really a pistol designed with the military in mind? I'd say the sig would be more likely, but who knows.
              Last edited by Dagon; 8 December 2005, 11:38.
              I saw Elvis. He sat between me and bigfoot on the UFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagon
                Is the Walther really a pistol designed with the military in mind? I'd say the sig would be more likely, but who knows.
                yes the p99 is an evolution of their p88 which was tested by some armys in the 80s but failed to attract any orders the p99 is lighter and cheaper . it featuers a polymer slide which can be coloured green for military use james bond now sports the p99 .
                4000 is a large number for a small army
                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

What about the M9's in the cadet school???
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                    Having spoken to 2 sources in the last 48 hours, I am confused. One reliable source tells me that the SIG P226 has been selected(as demonstrated recently by the Minister),While another, heard from a Dealer in NI that the Irish DF have just placed an order for 4000 Walther P99.

I am thinking that the Walther may refer to the new Garda pistol, anyone care to enlighten?

There was an add in the un cosantor for Walther in NI, and usually they only promote military products used by the military.....sooooooooooooooooooooooooo......2+2=2 2 (who am i kidding i'm just guessing.)
                    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

• I would like to point out the thread title

if it ain't about new pistols take it to a different thread or PM's

Thanking you for your co-operation....
                      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

• How about this for a new pistol: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Eagle

I like the Mark VII .50 cal. I had the MK I .357. Great pistol but traded it in.

I know the Desert Eagle is a little much, but it is a pretty cool looking pistol. Look at the size of its bullet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Action_Express

Or how about the FN P90 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90 I know its a submachine. It a little more than twice the length of a Beretta 92, and it is used by the Beligum Motorcycle Police. They usually wear it strapped across there backs.

It could be used by Support troops or MPs who have strapped across there chests, or strapped to thier packs. It would give a lot more firepower than you standard pistol.

Of course the most practical would be the Beretta. Its ammo is very widely used by many military and police forces around the world. The cost for pistol and ammo should be a lot less than your more exotic pistols. I am not a fan of it after using it overseas, but it is the standard issue of the US military and most American police forces/FBI/CIA/Customs/Postal/IRS etc etc etc.
                        Last edited by Guest; 31 December 2005, 01:23.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 30 December 2005, 22:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack
                            What about the M9's in the cadet school???
                            Which M9's would these be and why would they have them?
                            "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

• The Cadets train on the M9
                              Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• WHat M9s? Why do the cadets train on a motorway?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X