Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
      Until he (Mr. Bazi) is convicted in any country's Court of Law, then that's "alleged" murderer, as it is any competent lawyer in the U.S. would argue their client cant expect a fair trial as the term "murderer" has been freely used in newspaper, tv, articles with regards their client in US and Internationally.

Connaught Stranger.
      Ok I take you point and I hope that the alleged murderer of 2 Irish soldiers is extradited/sent back to Lebanon to answer for the crimes that he is alleged to have committed.

.[/QUOTE]At this point in time I don't think the U.S. has an extradition treaty with Lebanon, along with the fact that their are no eye witnesses to Mr. Bazi, personally having fired the shots that killed Private Barret or Smallhorne or any witness to say he gave the orders to kill them.Connaught Stranger.[/QUOTE]

The following is an extract from an article by Declan Power;

"There was one survivor, Private John O'Mahony, who was so badly wounded he was later invalided out of the army. John has gone on record on numerous occasions identifying Bazi as the killer.
      This has also been corroborated by a retired US Army officer, Col Harry Klein.
      Col Klein, was a UN observer and present when the men were forcibly removed from his convoy and led away to be shot."

Link to the article
      Free Online Library: KILLER WHO HAS ESCAPED JUSTICE; This man shot three Irish troops in cold blood with one of their own guns, he's free and living in the US selling ice cream.(News) by "Sunday Mirror (London, England)"; News, opinion and commentary General interest

.[/QUOTE] I, as a former member of the 46th Bn, U.N.I.F.I.L. want to see Justice as much as the next man, but, not at the hands of a lynch mob..[/QUOTE]

My first trip was the 46th and I have no wish to be associated with the tem "lynch mob".

I would use the quote "Justice delayed is justice denied" to describe this case.

I have no legal experience whatsoever but the must be a court somewhere in the world that the alleged murderer can be brought before.
      Last edited by B Inman; 2 July 2014, 01:01.

Comment

Originally posted by B Inman View Post
        Ok I take you point and I hope that the alleged murderer of 2 Irish soldiers is extradited/sent back to Lebanon to answer for the crimes that he is alleged to have committed.

At this point in time I don't think the U.S. has an extradition treaty with Lebanon, along with the fact that their are no eye witnesses to Mr. Bazi, personally having fired the shots that killed Private Barret or Smallhorne or any witness to say he gave the orders to kill them.Connaught Stranger.[/QUOTE]

The following is an extract from an article by Declan Power;

"There was one survivor, Private John O'Mahony, who was so badly wounded he was later invalided out of the army. John has gone on record on numerous occasions identifying Bazi as the killer.
        This has also been corroborated by a retired US Army officer, Col Harry Klein.
        Col Klein, was a UN observer and present when the men were forcibly removed from his convoy and led away to be shot."

Link to the article
        Free Online Library: KILLER WHO HAS ESCAPED JUSTICE; This man shot three Irish troops in cold blood with one of their own guns, he's free and living in the US selling ice cream.(News) by "Sunday Mirror (London, England)"; News, opinion and commentary General interest

.[/QUOTE] I, as a former member of the 46th Bn, U.N.I.F.I.L. want to see Justice as much as the next man, but, not at the hands of a lynch mob..[/QUOTE]

My first trip was the 46th and I have no wish to be associated with the tem "lynch mob".

I would use the quote "Justice delayed is justice denied" to describe this case.

I have no legal experience whatsoever but the must be a court somewhere in the world that the alleged murderer can be brought before.[/QUOTE]

FACT:- Private John O'Mahoney was shot and wounded in the cellar of the school he was not present when the other two men were shot, they were not shot at the school, neither was Colonel Klein (now deceased) present at the location of the shooting of the two Privates. Colonel Harry Klein gave an interview on the RTE documentary on the Enclave Killings, he did not state Bazi did the killings or that Bazi gave the orders for them to be shot, there was also a French Officer present from the UNDOF group, he is seldom mentioned by name in any articles I have read on this.

And again, if there is no extradition treaty with the Lebanon he cant be extradited back there, many former members of the D.F.F. went to various locations of the world after the Enclave collapsed, from Israel. He cant be tried in Ireland under present day Irish Law for an alleged crime committed in another country. It's a legal mess compounded by the fact that the U.N., various Irish Government, Irish DoD seem to have washed their hands of the matter entirely.

May the Fallen + Rest In Peace +

Connaught Stranger

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          As he is in the US illegally
          He came into the U.S.A. via Israel, and as far as I am aware, he could only be deported (if being an illegal is proven) to Israel.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

You are 15000000% right CS. I pointed out your flawless argument to the organisers and they were astounded at how right you are.

In fact they want to name a town and every first born after you- they are going to honour you with the title the always right honourable.

When you enter a room, can you physcially feel the joy and hope leave or is it just a methaphorial thing?
            Last edited by hedgehog; 2 July 2014, 13:53.

Comment

Anyway- before I get the blackcard (that I deserve) for slagging off Dr Doom, Let me reiterate,

There is a silent vigil in support of 2 murdered comrades outside the US Embassy on 05 July.

It is NOT a lynch mob, it is a vigil of ex and current members of the DF, the US forces, the FFL, the Brits, a few Nordic types and a few civvies.

It is solely to demonstrate to the US that at present the man who was in charge of a group of murdering bastard terrorists- murdered 2 Irish Soldiers, attempted to murder another and generally kidnapped an American Officer and Journalist. This guy is at present al illegal alien in the US and is going through the immigration system.

The murders happened before I joined the Defence Forces- but regardless of that they were my comrades and I will do everything in my power to support this cause, and basically thats just throwing on the suit- putting on the medals and looking jilty as George Clooney would.

RDF lads are more than welcome, negative nellies can fcuk off to negative nelly lands.

If anyone has any questions- the link in my above post sets out nearly everything.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                You are 15000000% right CS. I pointed out your flawless argument to the organisers and they were astounded at how right you are.

In fact they want to name a town and every first born after you- they are going to honour you with the title the always right honourable.

When you enter a room, can you physcially feel the joy and hope leave or is it just a methaphorial thing?
                Whatever Hedgie, whatever , there are quite a few jumping on the online bandwagon with regards this who do not have a clue with regards the legalities involved, from the odd wacko suggesting the A.R.W. be sent in to kidnap or terminate him, to the suggestion that Irish Government issue a (unspecified) "threat" to the U.S. Government with regards Mr. Bazi's continued existence in Detroit,
                "Yo, Barry! give us Bazi, or we will bring all our illegal Paddy's home"
                :-p

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                  Anyway- before I get the blackcard (that I deserve) for slagging off Dr Doom, Let me reiterate,

There is a silent vigil in support of 2 murdered comrades outside the US Embassy on 05 July.

It is NOT a lynch mob, it is a vigil of ex and current members of the DF, the US forces, the FFL, the Brits, a few Nordic types and a few civvies.

It is solely to demonstrate to the US that at present the man who was in charge of a group of murdering bastard terrorists- murdered 2 Irish Soldiers, attempted to murder another and generally kidnapped an American Officer and Journalist. This guy is at present al illegal alien in the US and is going through the immigration system.

The murders happened before I joined the Defence Forces- but regardless of that they were my comrades and I will do everything in my power to support this cause, and basically thats just throwing on the suit- putting on the medals and looking jilty as George Clooney would.

RDF lads are more than welcome, negative nellies can fcuk off to negative nelly lands.

If anyone has any questions- the link in my above post sets out nearly everything.
                  Point 1:-Just for clarification: Nowhere in my posts have I referred to the group holding the vigil as a "lynch mob."

Point 2:- "murdering bastard terrorists-" mmm . . . hopefully you will campaign as hard to see those who killed other
                  Irish soldiers on duty with U.N.I.F.I.L. whether members of the P.L.O. / Hezbollah / AMAL etc.. etc.. brought to book as well.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Alleged killer of Irish UN soldiers faces deportation from US

Thomas Barrett and Derek Smallhorne were on peacekeeping duty in Lebanon

A Lebanese man suspected of being involved in the abduction and murder of two Irish soldiers on UN peacekeeping duty in Lebanon in 1980 is facing deportation from the United States.

Privates Thomas Barrett from Cork and Derek Smallhorne from Dublin were part of a UN convoy taken captive in southern Lebanon in April 1980 by members of the Israeli-backed South Lebanon Army.

A third Irish soldier, John O'Mahony from Killarney, Co Kerry said he was shot and wounded by Mahmoud Bazzi before his two comrades were driven away.

Both men were found shot dead nearby, with their bodies showing signs of torture.

Mr Bazzi moved to the US shortly afterwards and was living in Detroit.

However, a campaign led by former army comrades and relatives of the men has sought his deportation to Lebanon to face war crimes charges.

In a statement issued to RTÉ News, US authorities said Mr Bazzi was arrested by federal agents at his home in Dearborn in Michigan for "administrative immigration violations".

He will be held in custody pending removal proceedings.
                    Mahmoud Bazzi, the Lebanese man suspected of being involved in the abduction and murder of two Irish soldiers in Lebanon in 1980, is facing deportation from the United States.

Comment

Great to see.

Last edited by hedgehog; 15 July 2014, 23:31.

Comment

I presume that this is just the first step in what will be a long process. Mr Bazzi will not be leaving the US anytime soon if at all.

Comment

Originally posted by B Inman View Post
                          I presume that this is just the first step in what will be a long process. Mr Bazzi will not be leaving the US anytime soon if at all.
                          hopefully he spends a lot of his money on legal fee's

Comment

When i worked with the UN as a civilian one of the locals employed by the UN and member of the sla told me he was present at the execution and when he saw what bazzi done holstered his gun and left in disgust

Comment

Originally posted by boy in blue View Post
                              When i worked with the UN as a civilian one of the locals employed by the UN and member of the sla told me he was present at the execution and when he saw what bazzi done holstered his gun and left in disgust
                              I am sure the organisers would love to chat with you B in B, every little bit of witness statement would no doubt help them. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Comment

US court adjourns Bazzi immigration hearing

The man suspected of murdering two Irish peacekeepers in the Lebanon more than 30 years ago has told a US immigration judge to send him back to the Lebanon if he cannot stay in the US.

Comment

Working...
                                X