Radio altimeter
    Specified radio fit
    Crew comms fit
    Cabin sliding doors on each side(yes)
    Crashworthy seats for crew(yes)
    Crash resisitant seats for pax(yes)
    CVR, FDR, ELT
    Cabin heater, ventiliation, windscreen wipers
    Can carry an external load (SHOULD BE 1500 kg)(yes)
    Skis available(skids fitted)
    Air Ambulance role with 1 patient
    Floation devices available
    Rescue Hoist available
    Abseiling kit available (2/4 troops from both sides simultaneously)(yes)
    Able to carry "broad spectrum of basic weapons"(you better believe it)

SHOULDS / DESIRABLES:
    FADEC
    Crash worthy tanks (yes)
    Flat screen displays(yes)
    GPS(yes)
    Digitial moving map(yes)
    Wire strike protection
    Weather radar
    Removable GPMG mounting each side(yes)

RANGE / ENDURANCE:

Transport
    120nm non-stop with 2 crew + 8 pax(Yes 2+10 130nm)
    Not including take off, taxi, reserves, etc (specified)

Air Ambulance
    150 nm non-stop with 3 crew + 2 medics + 1 patient

VIP Transport
    150 nm non-stop with 3 crew + 5 pax

It probably has a lot of the other features listed,but I dont have any details available.We initially did not include it as we assumed it was rebuilds only. However New builds will be available from next year. Should the AC require an interim aircraft(as is suggested in the tender),similarities with the 412 could be considered until the aircraft have been completed.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Just seems too good to be true, but still anyone up for a formation flyover of the Boyd Barret residence to the accompaniment of wagners ride of the Valkyrie?
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

the norwegians are using th uh-1Y here in kosovo.it looks like a very capable aircraft and alot quieter than the germans uh-1s.
      hope the dod choose well.
      on another note i am confused.from reading the tender i thought the muh was supposed to carry 8 troops.i looked up the eurocopter website and the couger far exceeds that no.
      the couger appears to be a medium lift heli akin to the puma.the panther however fits the bill perfectly.
      is it possible there has been a mistake somewhere?:confused:

Comment

The Norwegians have the 412 which is a different beast, essentially a four bladed 212.

The whole problem with the tender is that it was so broad, its like a race allowing Fiat Unos and F1 cars.
        But remember a Panther can only carry 8 soldiers within very strict and inflexible parameters, whereas the Cougar can carry eight soldiers or more, and retain much more operational flexibility as well as carrying stores.
        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Originally posted by barry sheehan
          the norwegians are using th uh-1Y here in kosovo.it looks like a very capable aircraft and alot quieter than the germans uh-1s.
          hope the dod choose well.
          on another note i am confused.from reading the tender i thought the muh was supposed to carry 8 troops.i looked up the eurocopter website and the couger far exceeds that no.
          the couger appears to be a medium lift heli akin to the puma.the panther however fits the bill perfectly.
          is it possible there has been a mistake somewhere?:confused:
          The tender is for LUHs and UHs. UHs aren`t MUHs although the tender is fairly vague. The puma/superpuma/cougar are all the same helicopter, with the cougar being the newest ones. The Panter is the military version of the Dauphin so it would be stupid to get them since it would have been cheaper to upgrade the dauphins than replace them with the same heli.
          Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

Comment

It probably wouldnt and the AS 565 is still really an LUH in the same category as the A109

Comment

You don't think they'd chuck in a few new Cobra's as well?

Comment

The Cougar isn't in it. It was in the medium-lift competition last time round, but not this time.

Comment

thanks yellowjacket i knew i wasn't going mad.the uh tender was for a heli that could accomadate 8 fully equipped troops.the couger carries 20 give or take.

Comment

I'll take 6 please...with a roundel. Grey is nice...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Does the Huey come fitted with a self protection system as standard?

Comment

Working...
                      X