No announcement yet.

Irish Sniper & Shooting Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Producers of the popular series TOP SNIPER, TOP SNIPER 2, and MODERN SNIPER bring you SNIPER COMP, which covers sniper teams competing in the 2009 Internatio...

Comment

• Results from DF Snipcon 2012

1st Team - ARW
      2nd Team - 4 Bn
      3rd Team - 28 Bn

Best Sniper - ARW
      Best Spotter - 4 Bn

Comment

• What's involved in the competition?
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• The competiton covers all the Sniper Skills over the 5 days of competition - Shooting (Known and Unknown Distance, Day and Night), Judging Distance, Pistol Shooting, LFTT, Navigation, Observation and Stalking.

Comment

• I have just come across your submission and read your quotation. It may be that I should not but I can not help but ask ; was Winston talking to his girl friend at the time ?

Comment

• Concentration as opposed to Competition..... on concentrations there is an element of competition by it is also an exercise/training

Comment

• used fn and lee Enfield sniper rifles in PDF shooting completions in the 70s both would group half inch at 100yds preferred fn

Comment

• well done the DFI.
                  RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by ex trooper View Post
                    used fn and lee Enfield sniper rifles in PDF shooting completions in the 70s both would group half inch at 100yds preferred fn
                    On their best day neither rifle is capable of 1/2 inch at 100...

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaga2 View Post
                      I beg to differ. If you couldn't get all your rounds from the 100 on a 1 inch square white patch, you weren't on the team.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Sniper Riflles

Please understand that I do not disparage a capable rifleman at distance with the 303 sniper rifle....they are simply not capable of 1/2 MOA at 100 consistently. My SSG will give that as will a hand built Tac Ops Echo 51 (both of which I shoot). The Enfield while a wonderful rifle is simply not in this class....nostalgia is a bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaga2 View Post

You obviously never served in the 1st motor squadron where some of the shooting team could group 1 inch with open sights over 100 yards.

Comment

• The 1st Motor used to live on the range. Parctice practioce and more Pr ,, a fantastic rifle tradition , amazing what a well trained rifleman even if he is a trooper can accomplish with a rifle with which he is absolutely familar

Comment

• i Know Typing Typing Typing

Comment

• I served with C Coy 11th Inf Btn...I have spent a lot of hours shooting the Enfield...I choose not to exaggerate its potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X