Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Sniper & Shooting Success

From An Cosantoir (Nov 04):

The Irish Sniper Team was placed 2nd in the 8th Canadian International Sniper Competition out of 24 teams from around the world. They won both the Team Pistol and "Top Spotter" events.

From Connect (Oct 04):

A 12-man team represented the DF in the CENTSAM 2004 Military Shooting Competition in England in July. The result being 2 gold and 5 bronze medals. The competition included New Zealand, Brunei, Canada, Oman and Australia.

We Have Some Of The Best Snipers In The World

Comment

Originally posted by MORTAR DAN
      We Have Some Of The Best Snipers In The World
      And most of them are board members
      it will be long, it will be hard, and there will be no withdrawl
      Winston churchill

Comment

Having a look at the pic that accompanied the snippet in An Costanoir, it looks like scoped FN's are being used by sniper team spotters.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
          Having a look at the pic that accompanied the snippet in An Costanoir, it looks like scoped FN's are being used by sniper team spotters.
          just saw it, it look's very nice
          Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

10 round magazine?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Those were Canadian rifles weren't they? The rifle was definitely a Parker- Hale.

Comment

right inthe pic there are 3 men, the CPL on the left has the FN, and it is an FN while the SGT on the right has the sniper rifle, and I agree it does not look like any Accuracy international rifle to me, it's something else :confused:
                Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Comment

I've done some searching and I think it's a parker hale m85 with a heavier barrel, but why would they change from the Accuracy international? :confused:

Comment

Emmm, it was held in Canada...maybe someone decided Canadian issue rifles might look good in a pic?

Comment

Also if everyone used the host nations perfectly adequate weapon wouldnt that level the playing field a bit?
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Aussie sniper

G'day ,
                        I would like to make contact with fellow snipers across the world. I have been in the aussie army for over 15 years and been badged since 1997. I would like to swap imforation and sniper badges. Anyone interested please reply

Comment

Originally posted by Come-quickly
                          Also if everyone used the host nations perfectly adequate weapon wouldnt that level the playing field a bit?
                          I don't think they use the ph M85, they use the m82, and they haven't used the FN for a long time, but you lad's are probably right
                          :confused:

Comment

The other weapon is a scoped AR15 type, from what I recall of seeing the picture, considering the Canadians issue this type that would make sense.

Anyone able to post it here?

Comment

if you look lat the fore grip, is that the right word?.........anyway it look's the exact same as an FN but not like any ar-15 type weapon..............can I get anymore vague, probably not :redface:

Comment

Working...
                              X