Irish Sniper & Shooting Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
    MODS;Is it kosher for me to post links to where one could download the show about the competition?
    Mod - As long as the links are open to the general public - ie. Not Restricted or paid for Links.

Comment

Ok, these are torrents (you'll need utorrent to download them)

Think this is from the 09 competition

I havent seen season 1 on the internets yet.

Top.sniper.s02e01 http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/1...er?tab=summary

Top.sniper.s02e02 http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/1...er?tab=summary

Top.sniper.s02e03 http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/1...er?tab=summary

Top.sniper.s02e04 http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/1...er?tab=summary
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Sorry The real jack whats a utorrent is it a file sharing sort of thing could you supply a link plz?

Cheers mate!!
        Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
          Sorry The real jack whats a utorrent is it a file sharing sort of thing could you supply a link plz?

Cheers mate!!
          An easy-to-follow guide to finding and downloading torrentsDid you know that torrent sites are great for downloading large amounts of information? Many giant companies, like Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Meta, and Lionsgate use torrents to...

Comment

Havent got a chance to watch them yet, there's a short interview with a paddy in ep3

Comment

I didn't see any mention of this so far, or maybe I missed it.

MSG Owens and SFC Terry Gower of the B Co 2/3rd SFG (A) won the 11th Annual International Sniper Competition. While the team of CPLs Michael Craven and Kenny Lloyd from the Irish Defense Forces came in second place. Thirty two 2-man sniper teams competed at the 2011 International Sniper Competition September 26 – 30 at Fort Benning.

The teams represented active duty Army units, The Army National Guard, US Army Reserve, US Air Force, Pentagon Defense Police, the San Diego Police Department and the countries of Canada, Germany and Ireland. The competition took place on firing ranges on Fort Benning over a 72 hour period. The events tested their physical fitness and their mastery of sniper skills to include target detection, target discrimination, stalking, land navigation and marksmanship.

Full results at:

Photos at: http://www.fortbenningphotos.com/Com...6151&k=kt3H7BH

Comment

Photo Site may have put a name an a ARW

Comment

Originally posted by sofa View Post
                  Photo Site may have put a name an a ARW
                  Dont think so. The ARW head is an ossifer and the two Irish competitors are Cpls.
                  I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                  Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                  Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                  And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                  With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                  He put a bullet through his brain.
                  And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                  Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                  Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                  The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

At the very least they should respect PERSEC and black out the ARW lads face.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                      At the very least they should respect PERSEC and black out the ARW lads face.

why?

if they are that special and opsec is a problem then they shouldn't enter such a public event.

they knew names and pictures would be published, it's the soldiers fault, not the organisers.

the soldiers should respect their own forces opsec rules, and if these have been breached then they should be disciplined accordingly.
                      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

They didn't take the pictures!

The other picture is of an officer from IWW.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          They didn't take the pictures!

The other picture is of an officer from IWW.
                          they took part in a public event knowing pictures would be taken and names disclosed.

the unit either takes the hit and accepts that - or it doesn't enter the competition.

it's not the event organisers responsibility to hide the identity of those taking part in an event open to the world.
                          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

AFAIK the previous entries had more Infanteers than SF types.
                            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

I wonder would you be saying the same thing if it was UKSF that had been compromised RGJ??
                              I dont blame the photographer.He/she was probably ignorant of the Wing lads status as he was a foreigner.I do blame the organisers as i can bet that if DELTA or DEVGRU took part then they would know damn well not to post pictures of them.I would also lay a bet that the Officer photographed had no idea that the photos would be posted online.If he did i would say that he would have had something to say about it.
                              Yes you can also blame the unit though as they should have let their hosts know that pictures of our SF lads should not be posted online.
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                                it's not the event organisers responsibility to hide the identity of those taking part in an event open to the world.
                                It is if they are the ones taking the pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X