No announcement yet.

thinking of a transfer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you hand in a request for transfer ...he'll probably come looking for you ! wouldn't worry too much about it ...
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I aint worried about it i just want out with the least possible of problems, and going down and handing in a transfer request to the stores private would be so much easier than looking for the CO on a training night

Comment

Hint:ordinary ranks don't go looking for officers,officers look for ncos to look for ordinary ranks...not the other way around. follow the chain of command. Jumping it at the early stages is bad for your future.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yeh thats all fine and good but a transfer takes long enough without waiting for one of my corporals to get his finger out. And i dont want to look for the CO i just want to fill in the form i assume there is a transfer form then get the ball rolling so i can change units, dont see what it has anything to do with any of my ncos to be honest

Comment

OK. Its obvious you have not read any of the previous replies. Go on,off you go, do your own thing,ignore the advice of those who have done it. You obviously know more than everyone else.

I suggest you ring FOCNS and tell him you want to transfer. Tell him you want a promotion too. How can he refuse.

Comment

Originally posted by lefty
              Yeh thats all fine and good but a transfer takes long enough without waiting for one of my corporals to get his finger out. And i dont want to look for the CO i just want to fill in the form i assume there is a transfer form then get the ball rolling so i can change units, dont see what it has anything to do with any of my ncos to be honest
              Apart from the fact that you are their responsibility. The first people your company commander will want to talk to, is them to find out why you want to leave.

There is a lot of paperwork to be done to do ANYTHING (joining/leaving/clothing/field day/camp etc).

The best approach to take is to ask your section commander how to do go about getting a transfer, he/she more than likely wouldn't know, then ask can you talk to the platoon sgt, he/she will pass you on to the CS / platoon commander. Then you have the "ball rolling" in the space of less than 30 minutes.

Comment

Yeh ok i take on board what Goldie Fish and Dev are saying maybe im being a bit hot headed and not taking the advice of people who are more experienced than me. So what steps should i take. After reading previous posts i see that going down and trying to get a transfer by seeing the full time cadre staff isnt seen as a good idea.

So how do i go about it? I was thinking of going down out of uniform on my next training night and going and finding an nco and telling him i want a transfer. But that might be seen as skipping the chain of command. So what is my best option, going down training and then when we are having a "smoke break" telling the corporal i want a transfer? Whatever advice that the old sweats have ill take on board coz i realise u know more than me

Comment

Write a letter addressed to your CO.
                  State simply that

1. You want to transfer to Unit X
                  2. Why you want to Transfer
                  3. Ask what you should do next to make the transfer happen.

If you PM me I will send you a word document that you can print and sign.
                  No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
                  No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

so if i have all my required courses done, ie, firefighting, sea survival, cpsc frc,pssr and a steam and motor ticket is there any way i can transfer to the navy res and hold my current rank of sgt and work in the e/r where i belong????????????????
                    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

In my experience...

No

Go figure.

Comment

boforgunner,if you have or hope to have, a 1st or even a 2nd class certificate as a Marine Engineer , why don't you apply for a commission as a Direct entry?. By the way , how do you plan to get the Steam qualifing time? there's not many steamers left.

Comment

mobil tankers....have a steam endorsment all ready.
                          Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

My word, quite a lot looking to transfer.Guess its the place to be..Boforgunner, technically I think you're supposed to drop to corporal if transferring so I as a lonely bod would have no idea what they'd do. On my last patrol I tags along for a few days watches in the engineroom and I have no qualification. The MEO would be happy to have you I'd reckon.
                            You weren't on a range with the slua by any chance were you?

Comment

not yet,.....though im told there a sight to behold....

Comment

I saw them before. We were training on the range and the boys from the slua came along (wasnt much of them), anyway we had to move off elsewhere to train and we could see and hear them firing for what seemed the rest of the day. Seemed to be firing quite a lot for so few people.

Comment

Working...
                                X