Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Post Thanks / Like
    The DF have gone in on the OGP medical framework contract for various Government Departments and bodies.

Could include:
    Pre-employment medicals, sickness medical assessments, health surveillance, immunisations, travel vaccinations, health screening and wellbeing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feasibility of fitting telematics to DF vehicles being looked at

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeV View Post
    Feasibility of fitting telematics to DF vehicles being looked at
    Any more information?
    Can confirm (but say no more other than I was there) that DF were seriously looking into this 12 months ago.
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Post Thanks / Like
    Stuff like average speed, average milage etc

Post Thanks / Like
    The kind of industry they will tender to is the telematics industry, telematices does a lot more than that and can make the DF vast savings on fuel and other costs plus allow them to predict services if they also take information by connecting to the vehicles EMU's.
    Harsh driving -
    harsh cornering,
    driver behaviour,
    distance travelled,
    speeding,
    fuel consumption reports etc
    can all easily be produced from this sort of data plus live tracking of vehicles and using geospatial data, alerts can be set up - if for example a vehicle deviates from a route, or drives out of or into a certain designated area, defined by a set of coordinates, even between certain times) route management to choose the most efficient route, etc. .. .. .. .. if they select the right company that is. only problem I foresee is DF allowing their data to be stored in a private companys servers, but if its just for day to day work i cant see a problem, companies like brinks etc use similiar tracking by private service providers. its a no brainer and the DF would be mad not to do it for at least their non sensitive fleet movements.
    Last edited by morpheus; 4th April 2017 at 09:34.
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    The kind of industry they will tender to is the telematics industry, telematices does a lot more than that and can make the DF vast savings on fuel and other costs plus allow them to predict services if they also take information by connecting to the vehicles EMU's.
    Harsh driving -
    harsh cornering,
    driver behaviour,
    distance travelled,
    speeding,
    fuel consumption reports etc
    can all easily be produced from this sort of data plus live tracking of vehicles and using geospatial data, alerts can be set up - if for example a vehicle deviates from a route, or drives out of or into a certain designated area, defined by a set of coordinates, even between certain times) route management to choose the most efficient route, etc. .. .. .. .. if they select the right company that is. only problem I foresee is DF allowing their data to be stored in a private companys servers, but if its just for day to day work i cant see a problem, companies like brinks etc use similiar tracking by private service providers. its a no brainer and the DF would be mad not to do it for at least their non sensitive fleet movements.
    If it's in the specs of the tender!

BQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    You would like to hope so but senior officers who are uneducated/ignorant of the details and nuances resort to a default No as if they were to say yes, it might get them in trouble if something happens and their chances of promotion would be affected. In this case it has been exactly that on at least two occasions when this concept was brought up

Non Temetis Messor The real Jack's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Telemetrics would invalidate the importance of deleting the average speed thing in the pajeros!
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    @Dev, is there a link to info on this feasibility?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
    @Dev, is there a link to info on this feasibility?

https://irl.eu-supply.com/app/rfq/pu.../publictenders

Thread Information