Chest Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chest rigs

just some info about chest rigs.they are only really usefull for short duration ops/exs where you are operating out of a vehicle.they dont have the carrying capacity that aset of cefo or a battle vest has.all you can carry is ammo and water,maybe some limited kit.we are currently using the new issue chest rig here in kosovo as are the lads in liberia.this is because we are both mechanised units.the issue chest rig is the exact same as the b.a northern ireland rig,except in irish dpm.it is good quality kit.however some of us are using protac battle vests as you can get more into them.having used both,i would say if you wany too be able to carry all your admin in the field go for a battle vest or just stick with cefo as you wont be able to do so with a chest rig.

Comment

some good points in this thread ;

Kermit, Brian's wrong about the East; perhaps in his unit, but not all of them; certainly not ours. Although CEMO can be got, it's not from an RDF stock.

mr. Sheehan makes some good points. Chest rig v.good for short ops or APC ops when you can leave most of the gear in the wagon; however normal light inf role you'll need the CEMO/CEFO . It's specialized equipment and only long experience will let you see the value of either.

Buy the CEMO first before thinking about a chest rig
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I know I am wrong, unfortually, this myth, I heard from someone on an Officers' Cse

my unit doesn't have PLCE either!

Comment

My motto is if you've got it wear it....

How you improve things in the field is up to yourself .....just because it dosen't look right dosen't mean it doesn't do the job....you have got to analyse your own requirements and purchase accordingly
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

My God lads!
            I am considering joining the PDF after serving in the Royal Marines but you lads are starting to scare me !Dont you guys get issued up to date kit in your units ?Why are so many of you buying ex BA PLCE ? Is this mainly the case in the RDF or both? :confused:

Comment

This is only the case in the RDF, but many PDF troops purchase their own gear, as is the case with the British Army

Comment

most switched on people in the pdf purchase items of kit to supplement the issue kit.items such as goretex boots,extra pouches,lightweight sleeping bags and daysacks being but a few of these.however things are getting much better.the brass are starting to listen to us and are issuing stuff that we normally bought for ourselves.i never thought a couple of years ago that we would be issued goretex boots or lowe alpine dryflo kit but yet we are.be patient lads.when i was in the fca steyrs,plce and dpm uniforms were only a fantasy.now you have them.

when ye get your act together and are allowed serve overseas then you will see major changes. the rapid reaction force is why we are getting all the gucci kit in the pdf.you didnt think we would get all this stuff just to do cash and guards at home.did you?

Comment

Whoo for a min it there I thought I was going to be buying ALL my kit in the near future ! Tell you what mate if you guys get issued Lowe Alpine kit you are being spoilt you'd never get that in the B.A ! In terms of buying extra kit most B.A lads do it to , the gucci kit becomes an obbsesion for some !Barry you said cash/gaurds etc I have asked about this but ain't got a single answer so maybe you could tell me just how many the PDF do ?Cheers!:D

Comment

Thats operational info and cannot be posted here!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

If bootneck really wants to find out the answer, he can go to www.oireachtas.ie

The matter has been debated in the Dail at least a couple of times.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the assault vest's from "top of the range" are any good

Comment

It always makes me wonder,what does the average reservist want with an assault vest? Bad enough seeing guys going out on the ground with 40 pouches hanging off the webbing,most of which is either empty or of no use in the climate we would be expected to operate in(I know one member of this board who often went on tactics carrying 3 water bottles in webbing(all 58 pattern bottles),and another who carried a camelback up a small hike upa hill,sipping constantly along the route,and puking it all up when reaching the top..

I Bought my own set of CEMO. I use the cefo regularly(duties mostly) and the bergen sits in the wardrobe for 50 weeks of the year. I Have a pistol holster which is used regularly,as i am on a pistol team.

I have no need for a jacket that has special pouches for 40mm grenades, i dont need a chest rig cos i dont work out of vehicles usually. The day I am sent to sort out the latest trouble in the kalahari,i will consider if my equipment is adequate for the task,what the state is going to issue me,and purchase accordingly.

If i am buying kit,there is a number of things i take into consideration.
                          1.Will I use it in the next 12 months more than once?
                          2.Will I be allowed use it?
                          3.Is it waterproof?
                          4.Is there something else I should be spending my hard earned cash on?
                          5.Where will it be when i am not using it,and have i room?

Gucci kit is fine,if you like looking at it sit in your wardrobe.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Those are good criteria
                            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

If everybody was like Goldie then myself and FM would have been out of business long ago.
                              If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

If that was aimed at me then your wasting your time, it's not for me it's for a cousin who does trail running and need's a vest to hold a lot of gear

Comment

Working...
                                X