• Show
Clear All

fingerless gloves
    The world steps aside to let any man pass if he knows where he is going

Comment

Originally posted by sierra one
      fingerless gloves
      For what exactly?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
        For what exactly?
        So you can scratch yourself (you know where I mean) without getting cold hands at the same time

Comment

goldie so that you can open pockets/straps etc with ease and you still have something arond the centre of your hand to send heat out to your finger tips to stop them going numb
          The world steps aside to let any man pass if he knows where he is going

Comment

I had to replace 10 web-tex bergens because they fell apart when any serious weight was put in them.

I'll have new neoprene gloves that are thin enough to allow full dexterity of the fingers soon.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

New Store Goes Live

Ok Boys and Girls, the new IMO store is live. The old one has been removed.

Follow the link at the top right hand side of the page or click:

If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

It looks identical, but the difference is in the build. The stitching comes loose, particularly around the top of the shoulder straps.

Come-Quickly can verify this, as he was one of the customers I had to give replacements to.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by sierra one
                  goldie so that you can open pockets/straps etc with ease and you still have something arond the centre of your hand to send heat out to your finger tips to stop them going numb
                  What about mittens? Most military types allow you to use either one,or all fingers,folding the mitt out of the way while still wearing same..(my description of them is rubbish,but they keep your fingers warm,if required,unkike fingerless gloves)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Actually I wear fingerless gloves.
                    And at 3am in the glen I still had full use of my fingers. Which was nice
                    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Been looking through the new store.

I'm really impressed with the camo section, expect order soon.

Is the thermal top superior or equal to Lowe Alpine dryflo kit? And why no pants?
                      Last edited by Bam Bam; 6 January 2005, 10:22.
                      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bam Bam
                        Actually I wear fingerless gloves.
                        And at 3am in the glen I still had full use of my fingers. Which was nice
                        Really, i wear the soldier 95 ones i got from Fomolloy, and i think there the best thing since sliced bread!
                        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

got the 95's as well, but they were in my web and I didn't want to go back to get them. Only a limited amount of soup was brought by the nissan.

Comment

I got two Bergens from FM (unpaid guinea pig?), the first of which burst its stitching in the lower right hand corner of the main compartment while running with a medium weight, the second one lost a shoulder strap while crossing a gate.

The third replacement has only been run with a lightweight in it but is the most heavily stitched piece of kit Ive ever seen and I have full confidence in its durability.
                            "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Ive never had a problem with anything ive gotton off him!

maybe he doesnt like you...
                              Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Tim read the thread get the context and then slap yourself in the face with a fresh haddock.
                                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                                X