Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Corporal
    Post Thanks / Like

webbing - what to put where

Hi
    There was a pullout in Connect just before christmas. It was aimed at people going for ARW selection, but it had a suggested list of what to put in each pouch/pocket when on the ground (mags, spare clothing, food, tacaides, model kit, etc, etc).

Now would some kind soul have a copy they could scan in and post here?

And have ye any comments on what they suggested??

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Yes I too would like if someone could post this list up onto the board!
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

The Fonz
    Well i have that very pull out your talkin about on my wall in my room and will write down what goes where in the morning cause it is late now ok but expect to see the list tommrow afternoon ok

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    any word of this list?

The Fonz

Kit-List

Ok people here some of it, take in mind that this kit list is for soldiers going on Ranger selection! and we as reservist don't get issued big bregens or rocket pouchs. Also anything with a * is to kept waterproofed.

SMOCK:

Top Left Pocket: Pencils,Compass,Tac-Aid,Torch,Waterproof-makers*,Whistle.

Top Right Pocket: Combat Survival Tin,High Energy Food* ie. marsbars-boiled sweets,Lighter*,Spoon.

Bottom Left Pocket: Bush Hat*,Leather Fingerless Gloves*.

Bottom Right Pocket: Laminated Map,Tissues*.

Ok This is the PLCE webbing configured for selection it consists of 2 double ammo pouchs,2 Waterbottle pouchs,3 Utility pouchs at the rear. On the Left strap theres a filed dressing taped on(remember when taping on use black tape) on the Right strap theres a Pace Counter.

I'll do the kit-list for the Webbing and Bergen when i write them down on a note-pad ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance of the entire list inc webbing & bergin!?
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Gunnery Sgt.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya that could be interesting....can you imagine the Qs face if you asked for all this stuff!!!
    Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

²°°³Soldier
    Originally posted by boforgunner
    ya that could be interesting....can you imagine the Qs face if you asked for all this stuff!!!
    Cpl: Hi Q I fond this list on the internet, can I sign out all this stuff before going to camp this year? :o

Q: NO - piss off, do you think I have nothing better to then hand out equipment to everybody that comes in here - thats not what I'm here for!

Potential Liability yellowjacket's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those of ye whoare into gucci gear, where does it all go?
    With 50,000 men getting killed a week, who's going to miss a pigeon?

Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

medic
    Whats in your webbing should change depending on what type of op/exercise you are going on

Gunner Al
    Originally posted by T.I.M.
    Any chance of the entire list inc webbing & bergin!?
    i have the entire list from the school of artillary but there's no way im typing it all out!! - its 10 freakin pages long.

I'll give you a lend of it TIM

CQMS
    Post Thanks / Like
    fonz any chance of that list??
    Glaine áir gcro?*
    Neart ár ngeag agus
    beart de réir ár mbriathar

-"If people behaved in the way nations do, They would all be put in straight jackets" - Tennessee Williams

Post Thanks / Like

Smock Kit

Myself I carry a good deal of kit in my smock and as such its a weight. Also I've seen troopers with nothing in theirs. I'm just wondering what do you have in your smock? And do you change the kit depending on what you are doing? ie on parade or weekends?
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just keep gloves, scrim net, notebook and mobile in mine.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Post Thanks / Like
    The smock has massive pockets for a reason. What the FU&$ are you doing with a mobile on tactics?
    One of my smocks is laid out as recommended with mozzie kit,cam paint,compass,small torch,small folding knife etc..Naturally all this comes out for parade....or i just put on my second,clean smock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually I meant on parade i.e. when I am in the center.
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Sergeant Major
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Goldie fish
    Naturally all this comes out for parade....or i just put on my second,clean smock.
    Second smock. Nice for some...

fillo
    If you don't know what should be in your smock maybe you should not be wearing one.......Some of there questions are unbelievable !!

Post Thanks / Like
    There was an excellent foldout in Connect a few months ago, based on what is carried, where & why for the Std NCOs Cse, run by the NCO Training Wing.

But personally, on tactics I carry as little as I can in my smock, eg whistle, pen knife, tac aide, sweets etc. The reason being it makes it uncomfortable when you get down, more difficult to run, & harder to get things out. The flaps on the pockets, while making sure you don't lose anything, also make it very difficult to take things out quickly (especially a tac aide).

Post Thanks / Like

Goldie

"The smock has massive pockets for a reason. What the FU&$ are you doing with a mobile on tactics?"

Apparrantly you are unfamiliar with the lesser known code phrase invented by CIS personnell "use other means"= take out your mobile phone and ring the section commander because this radio is screwed.

Bitching about SINCGARS: The SINCGARS cost about €10k. Handsets, without which the sets are useless, cost about €100. Guess what the DF didn't buy for the new radios? Or at least, that used to be the state of play.
    Take these men and women for your example.
    Like them, remember that posterity can only
    be for the free; that freedom is the sure
    possession of those who have the
    courage to defend it.
    Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Vague
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even the British Army resorted to individual troops using their personal mobile phones in the Balkans because the Clansman?(i think) radios werent working.Come to think of it how come the coverage there was good and I have to look like an idiot waving my phone around trying to get a signal with my t610 in parts of Belfast???
    Si vis pacem para bellum

Post Thanks / Like
    The Finnish KFOR troops (with whom IRCON operate) have a GSM network set up over the area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are the Finnish KFOR troops sponsored by Nokia:D

Post Thanks / Like

smock

ever heard the saying

LIVE, FIGHT,SURVIVE...

live from your bergin, fight from your cefo, survive (cant spell) from your smock....

Lothario

back to the pt

For Tactics:Whistle, Lighter, Penknife and compas.
    Tie shoelace to each individual item and attach to the little ring at the top of your pockets (1 item per hole please).
    Result:no loss of eqiup,know exactly where everything is and its easier to take out.
    No need to thank me....... I already know.:D

Thread Information