Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you carry on your webbing/smock?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie fish
    And remember what von Clauswitz said.....

"Every soldier should carry an axe lest he need to break down a door"
    if i remember it correctly that was the first stage of overloading troops... but i like his thinking!
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

• Click here

An excellent read about the perils of overlaoding troops.
      "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldemboots!
        Second smock. Nice for some...
        its all about acquisition
        or just bugging the Q until they give in
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

• bump.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• The course SOPs for carriage of equipment for the British Army's School of Infantry (for section to platoon commanders)

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV
              The course SOPs for carriage of equipment for the British Army's School of Infantry (for section to platoon commanders)

http://www.atra.mod.uk/atra/INFBATTS...n/KIT_LIST.htm
              Lets stick to Irish SOPs for the moment. :redface:

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• In fairness, who in the hell is going to have anything like the list of equipment Fmolloy posted. This is the RDF.

Forest goggles? If there's anyone who went away and bought forest goggles or an entrenching tool, well, good luck to you and your expectations of the FCA experience.
                "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Dillon
                  In fairness, who in the hell is going to have anything like the list of equipment Fmolloy posted. This is the RDF.

Forest goggles? If there's anyone who went away and bought forest goggles or an entrenching tool, well, good luck to you and your expectations of the FCA experience.
                  I know someone who has bought a set of NVE goggles

Comment

• What generation?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie Dillon
                      In fairness, who in the hell is going to have anything like the list of equipment Fmolloy posted. This is the RDF.

A bloke on the 2004 (IIRC) E bde standards course picked up a nasty eye injury while moving through a forest at night.
                      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• I wear the ESS shades with the clear lens when moving in forests at night.

I'd risk the shine from the lens rather then the loss of an eye.
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• If you don't have it you're going home.
                          So if you dont wear gear that you were not issued in the first place, your going home?
                          Glad im not in your unit. How do you force troops who cant afford gucci kit, to be fully equipped out of their own pockets?

By the way, i understand its safer to wear them, its just that when the ammount of kit required to be an effective trooper is compared with the ammount of effective kit issued, it leaves a lot to be desired and a lighter wallet.
                          Last edited by morpheus; 8 July 2005, 10:06.
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                            That stuff is SOP for exercises I've been on. If you don't have it you're going home.
                            Of course it is and should be SOP. All that kit is necessary and needed by a military force, but in Ireland it is not issued to soldiers, at least reservists, and it costs a tidy sum to kit yourself up fully. To send someone home for not forking out hundreds for kit you'll probably use very rarely is rediculous. Issue it or improvise.
                            "Never believe anything in politics until it has been officially denied."

Otto Von Bismark

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                              That stuff is SOP for exercises I've been on. If you don't have it you're going home.

Are these unit exercises? Does your unit issue all of this equipment to soldiers? Do you really send unit members home if they don't have all the equipment that hasn't been issued to them? Are you making your junior enlisted buy equipment with their own money just so they can go on exercises? Are only the "gear-queers" allowed to go on your unit exercises?

Buy gear or go home???

And you want to be an officer !!!!?????

Later.
                              No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

• Strummer were you born a prick or did you have to work on it...
                                Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X