Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you carry on your webbing/smock?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apod View Post
    Ok,so you have all the field admin.Now can you tell me how you carry all that in two small shirt pockets?I know i cant.Issue tam 2003 takes up alot of room in a smock pocket,wont fit in a shirt.
    Does this sound familar?

Good point about not allways wearing the smock.you shoul be able to transfer items to your shirt/pants/cefo in hot weather.pm me if you want more hints
    I am stunned to read what you carry in your cefo.Spare socks and headtorches should be in your daysack.You wont be changing your socks in the middle of a s.i.a so therefore they arent needed in a fighting order!Same with the torch.

Btys go in daysack.Same with food.
    A small bag of jellies in smock pocket is ok though or gum.
    Had an incident on a week where my feet got cut to shite so its a personal lesson learned as to why I carry a spare pair of socks in the webbing.
    You can fit 8 batteries in the pockets in the lids of the resp pouches along with the tape. The food I carry is little more than a stick of glucose tablets and a nutrigrain equivalent.

Why a bowie knife?Are you gonna be skinning game on patrol?Lose it.I guarantee all it does is make you look like a walt.You will get more use out of your multi tool then you will ever get out that thing.If you need anything bigger you will be issued a bayonet.
    I always carry my Bowie Knife if not given bayonet.
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Don't forget model kit, mozzie rep, whistle, prr, spare batteries for sincgar
      "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

• Originally posted by concussion View Post
        batteries for sincgar
        Why everyone in the section need to carry a spare SINCG battery?
        Last edited by ZULU; 29 August 2007, 17:30.
        "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• They won't...but its something to be considered.

Comment

• No it isn't. The spare battery goes into the radio pack on the radio mans back. Now back to webbing......

Comment

• depends on the radio he's carrying if he's taking old manpack on a 24 then there will be a few batteries to carry out in the sections.
              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Incidentally, where are 40mm grenades carried?

Comment

• In the new IPLCS that's on supposed to be on issue!! LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by ZULU View Post
                    Does this sound familar?

Had an incident on a week where my feet got cut to shite so its a personal lesson learned as to why I carry a spare pair of socks in the webbing.
                    You can fit 8 batteries in the pockets in the lids of the resp pouches along with the tape. The food I carry is little more than a stick of glucose tablets and a nutrigrain equivalent.
                    I am not knocking the idea of carrying spare socks,i do to,but they should be in the daysack not webbing.You dont need em to fight with end of story.
                    I carry a small bag of aa/aaa btys in the lid pocket of the daysack.You are allways gonna be wearing it if patroling on foot or advancing to contact anyway.
                    You have me on the shirt thing,but i am a monkeys uncle if you can get four smock pocket loads of field admin into two small shirt pockets.Tardis pockets are they?
                    You still havent confirmed what you need a bowie knife for.What do you need it for that your multi tool cant do?I remember years ago there was a trend in the fca for lads to wear all kinds of knives on their webbing.It soon stopped after a guy severed his femoral artery when the "survival knife" he was wearing pierced its scabbard and his thigh while doing a section attack.The only reason all those lads were carrying them was to look hard cos they saw arnie and sly doing it in films.
                    Ask yourself this.How many times do you see Pdf troop going around with bowie knives hanging off em?Answer,never.
                    As for model kits=bergan or daysack.Mozzie rep and headnet=daysack.
                    Sincgar btys also go in daysack along with sincgar.If carrying the radio you should allways ditch the metal frame radio carrier.Why carry the extra weight when you can carry the set in a daysack?
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Zulu, how do you get all that stuff into your pockets when you wear armor?

I honestly don't know how you can operate without a daysack, it's easy to look at what you alone carry and then decide to dump. But you need to look at what the section needs, as previously mentioned radios, batteries, Ammunition, NVE, wet gear, food, water. I'm all for dumping daysacks prior to assaulting but advance to contact or pursuit/follow up will dictate the need for a daysack.....
                      Last edited by fiannoglach; 31 August 2007, 21:29.

Comment

• CoE. Carriage of Equipment

conect_feb_admin_in_the_field.pdf should work!!!!!!!!!! new to this

Comment

• Anyone got the admin in the field poster for the IPLCS that was in An Cosantoir last year?

Been trying to get my hands on it and can't find it for the life of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                            Anyone got the admin in the field poster for the IPLCS that was in An Cosantoir last year?

Don't remember that, and I have a subscription for the magazine....

Are you sure it was a poster, and not part of the magzine articles ?

Can have a peek at the 2009 magazines later, when I get home....
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              Don't remember that, and I have a subscription for the magazine....

Are you sure it was a poster, and not part of the magzine articles ?

Can have a peek at the 2009 magazines later, when I get home....
                              Fairly sure it was a poster, think it was the same magazine where they had an article on Selection?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                                Anyone got the admin in the field poster for the IPLCS that was in An Cosantoir last year?

I have it but it is 1.43 meg. PM me your e-mail address and I'll mail it onto you.

Comment

Working...
                                X