Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you carry on your webbing/smock?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trellheim

I find I can't move fast with anything more than the map in the trous
    same here but you have an advantage

you can just have your batman carry it for you...
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

now now ....
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

<font face="tahoma" color="#ff9900">Annex C to TM201 Manual of Infantry Pl and Section Tactics.

Ask your NCO for a copy.

A recent copy of Connect had a massive Poster on admin in the Field.

</font>
        Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Would my NCO give me annex C?
          Another question why are we (average grunt) not given these manuals?
          surely we could find them as useful as the NCO's and PNCO's do

If I asked my NCO could he give me a copy of TM201?
          It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

No. It is not necessary for each person in a company to have a copy of the manual. Once the NCO's have a copy of it, and plan their lessons with the manual. I am guessing you have never seen TM201. Its huge, not very cost effective to give 1 copy to everybody.
            If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

I have seen it and I know its big I just think it would be good to have the manual. But would my NCO at least give me a copy of annex C
              It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

try asking him/her/it.....
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Would it not be easier for everyone involved if one of the NCO's on this site sent you a copy of it by email?
                  To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Havoc's right any NCO e-mail me a copy of tm201 annex-c please

Comment

Any NCO doing that will be committing an offence of passing on restricted information, and hopefully wouldn't be that stupid.

Get official information through official channels. This board is certainly not for organising the obtaining of improper information.

Comment

oops

Comment

If you are in a proper RDF unit,instructing you on all aspects of fieldcraft should be carried out as a matter of course. TM201 should be instructed as often as weapons training or foot drill.
                          The annex that deals with what goes where however should be instructed every time there is a tactical exercise or training imminent. If you have not done this lecture at least once a year,you should transfer. Active units should have the latest update. PDF units that have rotated to Timor, Eritrea or Liberia have returned with modifications to the pattern,and these should be followed where possible.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Personally I feel it would help if TM201 was made available to privates, if they want it.

not even the book itself but on CD.

Remember in school, you always had the text book beside you for your own reference and you still always took notes.

It would help even at home recapping lessons and knowing the proper precedures.

Tell me if a asked my NCO for a copy of TM201 would I get a copy, be laughed out of it or both?

Comment

I never realised the contents of a soldiers smock was so classified.
                              To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Because Privates are of low intelligence,it is better that they be spoon fed all information. Providing them with a textbook to study could lead to information overload and confusion.

Fact is TM201 is in short enough supply to NCOs that it would be risky giving it out to privates too. It is also a restricted Publication and rarely if ever should leave the environs of a Barracks.

That is why you take notes.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X