No announcement yet.

What does L.E. stand for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they let people on board? I know ive seen ships on many occasions down the quays near the point and in Dun Laoghaire harbour. Is it against the regulations to allow non naval personnel on? I suppose it would be but ill give it a shot next time im passing by

Comment

I got on the L.E Deidre and the L.E Eithne when they were in Killybegs. They has no problem letting people on board for a look!!

Comment

It depends whats going on at the time. Ships may be open to public viewing on occassion but these 'tours' are normally limited to the upper decks. Please remember that the naval vessels are home to the people who live in them and what little privacy they have deserves to be respected. Als o it is the crew that maintains these vessels and there are no contract cleaners so if you do visit please respect the ship you visit.

If ships are not open to the public...don't blame the guy on the gangway...it's come from a higher authority. most crews dread when ships are open to the public as it is extra work for them. Time alongside is normally rest time for some ofthe crew. please respect this as well.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
        X