No announcement yet.

Irish DPM Cordura/Material

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a few years ago i bought one of these smocks before the fca were issued with dpm . i have to say it is a quality bit of kit . i've worn it on parade nights and no one has copped the difference
    :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

I just got the Arktis catalogue & it doesn't list a pattern called Western European amongst it's options. The closest stuff they do is US Woodland & Central European.
      "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Irish camo material

Protac has never claimed to own the copyright to this material , what he has done is to pay 12000 Euro each time he needs material to have his kit made in IRELAND and has supplied the Irish Defence Forces with Chest rigs combat vests etc. Protac supply some of the special forces in Europe with kit made in IRELAND.The original combat smock was made by ARKTIS and was waterproof supplied as samples and was copied by PORTWEST and then SEYNTEX.

Comment

How do you know what he's said to other people? Board members not noted for lying have said one thing, in your first post you've basically accused them of doing so. Why should we take your word over theirs?
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by yellow oscar
            Protac has never claimed to own the copyright to this material , what he has done is to pay 12000 Euro each time he needs material to have his kit made in IRELAND and has supplied the Irish Defence Forces with Chest rigs combat vests etc. Protac supply some of the special forces in Europe with kit made in IRELAND.The original combat smock was made by ARKTIS and was waterproof supplied as samples and was copied by PORTWEST and then SEYNTEX.
            you sound like an ad for protac
            Last edited by mutter nutter; 21 April 2005, 20:48. Reason: spelling
            Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Maybe a descision shouldn't be made about whether or not Protac does own a copyright with out talking to the man himself. I remember the Arktis smock from a few years ago they were selling them in Irish camo but apparently stopped when they ran out of irish camo materials. Maybe yellow oscar knows what he's talking about?
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams

Comment

guys , arktis have made a version of waterproofs in irish dpm . i ve seen them in an article in combat and survival . i contacted them and they have since discontinued the line . they were very cagey about the whole thing and i got the impression they might have got their hand slapped over copyright laws .
                :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Originally posted by Balrainn
                  Maybe a descision shouldn't be made about whether or not Protac does own a copyright with out talking to the man himself.
                  How do you know people haven't already done so?

Maybe yellow oscar knows what he's talking about?
                  Maybe he does, but that's no excuse for coming on the board and in his very first post say that comments posted by established members are untrue.
                  Last edited by FMolloy; 23 April 2005, 17:50.

Comment

Maybe a descision shouldn't be made about whether or not Protac does own a copyright with out talking to the man himself. I remember the Arktis smock from a few years ago they were selling them in Irish camo but apparently stopped when they ran out of irish camo materials. Maybe yellow oscar knows what he's talking about?
                    Are you Sean Curtis,or an employee or representative of his?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                      Are you Sean Curtis,or an employee or representative of his?
                      No and to imply so is an insult. You dont know me at all. I haven't accused anyone of lying, I just don't know the details of any major incidents with protac and until I have my own evidence I want to keep an openmind about the issue. I have had experience in the man's shop and no matter what you say about the man, the Protac kit I used was good quality.
                      In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams

Comment

I dont remember saying or implying anything to the contrary. I have in other cases given my experiences of dealing with the man.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Now who is the one jumping to conclusions?
                          The trick to pet names is a combination of affectionate nouns. Honeybun. Sugarpie. Kittentits.

Comment

A friend of mine got a job with some company in Balbriggan/drogheda area ... their main busuness was the production of DPM fabrics for defence contractors worldwide ? ring a bell for anyone ?

Comment

irish army DPM

Ok you are all anti Protac
                              1 the DPM used by the defence force was designd in the army printing press fact not fiction
                              ask them if you are in doubt
                              its is a combnation of at least two DPMs
                              What is it about Protac you all have your nickers in a twist
                              if you served at all PDF or RDF you know any body who loved the job bought there own gear
                              not being an old fogy but back in the 70 s the Ack ack then in grifith bks
                              was better equiped that most of the pdf units
                              we bought our 58 webbing and x BA combats
                              the DPm issue is ok but soldiers will alwas buy there extrac
                              now as for buying dpm Irish issue
                              it is against the law un less you have a licence
                              mr curtis has a licence
                              if a RDF or PDf man weare any part of there uniform out side the parade times
                              it is against civil and military law
                              so do you really want the hassle :redface:

been there done that and know wht i am talking about

Comment

i just read SOME OF YOUR POSTS
                                on Irish dpm did any of you ever ask AHQ who or has patent right???
                                as i said every part of your uniform including the cap badge on this board belongs to the DF and can not be used with out licence
                                read DFR section on dress

Comment

Working...
                                X