New Copper Chopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there
    The incidents were detailed in the UK aviation monthly magazines such as Pilot/Flyer/Today's Pilot....on one occasion, a gang attacked a helicopter with axes and sledgehammers and targeted specific points of the aircraft; ie, they had been told exactly where to aim their strikes.
    regards
    GttC

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
      Hi there
      The incidents were detailed in the UK aviation monthly magazines such as Pilot/Flyer/Today's Pilot....on one occasion, a gang attacked a helicopter with axes and sledgehammers and targeted specific points of the aircraft; ie, they had been told exactly where to aim their strikes.
      regards
      GttC
      Cheers for that GTTC

Comment

• Originally posted by pmtts View Post
        this is it, I think! under a German tail registration.

No thats one of The Air Crops CE135's, the GREEN paint should have given that away.... 272 was based over in the UK ( McAlpine i think ) for over a year in Garda colours on an Airfield, there was a pic of her like that floating around on the net..

[Mod: So Fouga, tell me about these new fangled Air Crops we have, and their "CE"135s.....]

Comment

• 272 was unveiled to the media at Garda HQ today.

New garda helicopter unveiled
          2 hours ago

The latest garda crime fighting weapon has been unveiled with the launch of the Air Support Unit's new state-of-the-art helicopter.

The 7.5 million euro EC 135 is fitted with hi-tec equipment and will provide 24-hour support to officers involved in major crime investigations, public order incidents, traffic control and search and rescue operations.

The Air Support Unit's three aircraft are piloted by Air Corps personnel and carry crews of special aerial-trained garda
          Last edited by Goldie fish; 15 January 2008, 20:41.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
            272 was unveiled to the media at Garda HQ today.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0115/1ne...25937,null,230

It only cost €5.5 million on ireland.com....

Last Updated: 15/01/2008 13:00
            Second Garda helicopter takes to air

The Garda Siochána Air Support Unit's second helicopter was officially unveiled today today.

Minister for Justice Brian Lenihan officially launched the €5.5 million Eurocopter EC135 with Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy at Garda Headquarters in Dublin.......

© 2008 ireland.com

Comment

• Had a chat with a member of the ASU yesterday. He was going through the differences between the two helis, there's some slight differences in kit I won't talk about. One difference I can mention is the dog boxes in the rear of the aircraft. Now the new heli can transport the dog unit without getting hairs everywhere.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• The newer one can also read your mind from two thousand feet, three and a half miles away but dont tell anyone ...

Comment

Working...
                X