Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you in the NS back in the days......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more
    Attached Files

Comment

• usetabeanera

Originally posted by moonstomper View Post
      It's hard to believe ex-Naval Servicemen would circulate unsubstantiated rumours or ball-hops with no basis in fact. Oh hang on....
      Does the name moggy strike a Chord.

Comment

• Originally posted by blaisec View Post
        Does the name moggy strike a Chord.
        hey leave me out of this no ballhops spread since i left in late 80's
        anyway how is life treating you working for the dockyard??

Comment

• just heard sad news that brendan buckley ex po/mech has passed away he was franks brother RIP

Comment

• Brendan

Another young man!
            I used to bump in to him from time to time up to a few years ago. Same old Brendan , always up for a good-humoured chat.
            What a shame !
            When did this happen?

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
              just heard sad news that brendan buckley ex po/mech has passed away he was franks brother RIP
              Just hears the details
              Funeral from Ballyphehane Monday 12:00 to St Joseph's cemetery

Comment

• Originally posted by Marnealach View Post
                Seeing Jim O Connell and Jack Lynch in that photo reminds me that all they were short of was "Trampass" Hughes.
                Now , There was a character!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jjoconel View Post
                  Now , There was a character!!
                  I met him in Athlone about five years ago and he was still the same character.

Comment

• A day on the range. I do recall that we actually tested the flak jackets before issue - just to be sure, by fireing a few rounds in to it.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                      A day on the range. I do recall that we actually tested the flak jackets before issue - just to be sure, by fireing a few rounds in to it.
                      Old pictures on emer - notice a very young muck-diver damo who just got balhopped
                      what a 6 week patrol now??? payback damo???
                      Attached Files

Comment

• another pict name these
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by moggy View Post
                          Old pictures on emer - notice a very young muck-diver damo who just got balhopped
                          what a 6 week patrol now??? payback damo???
                          HaHaHa the gospel according to Moggy.......:wink:

When were we that young ....

Ouick question "Have you ever told the truth or was it all ballhops?"

Ahhh the stories that you would tell......
                          What do you mean abandon ship
                          Are they taking requests?

Comment

• moggy is now ballhopping all the old ex ers telling them that they will have to go to sea again etc

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                              moggy is now ballhopping all the old ex ers telling them that they will have to go to sea again etc
                              i was away with naval group last spring some still in others out well anyway somebody
                              started a ballhop we were meeting on the aran islands next spring guess who got the blame me next morning with everyone blaming yours truly
                              anyway the good word is waterford / kilkenny if any of you are interested next spring
                              for ourannual get-together weekend

Comment

• moggy is now ballhopping all the old ex ers telling them that they will have to go to sea again etc
                                Emer will make one final trip crewed entirely by Exers..Moggy with be Captain....damo can be XO....GR Coxwain..laners..sorry mate galley as usual, loks like I'm the only Seaman....gues I'm on the helm and taking in the lines,,,,,who else 'volunteers please.
                                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                                X