Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were you in the NS back in the days......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some more pics

Some more memories
    Attached Files

Comment

• spotted test pilot going in a narrow gate today..... have to get paddy carolan to give him lessons in trailer management

Comment

• Originally posted by Laners View Post
        Galley again just like Stephen Segal was on that battleship.
        Laners just remembering pub crawl in Almeria 1982 with the CO leading the line on all fours glad to see you are alive and kicking, any news of DG ,

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
          spotted test pilot going in a narrow gate today..... have to get paddy carolan to give him lessons in trailer management
          Bloody hell. I thought no one saw me. I can do nothing in this town without the world wide web being informed.

I'll be looking out for you now GR. Ha Ha!

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
            Guess who!
            Ah yes! I can see Morgan Freeman in the front row, beside Boxcar Willie.

Comment

• Originally posted by over the bridge View Post
              Laners just remembering pub crawl in Almeria 1982 with the CO leading the line on all fours glad to see you are alive and kicking, any news of DG ,
              I have your identity narrowed down to about 40 who where crew members at the time , i assume you the D G you refer to is Derek Graham , Regards Martin , < Laners >
              Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

I have your identity narrowed down to about 40 who where crew members at the time , i assume you the D G you refer to is Derek Graham , Regards Martin , < Laners >
                No 1 harbour row. How is derek doing

Comment

• Would that be No 1 Harbour Row with 3 apartments in which a lovely well behaved bunch of lads from the Navy occupied and which was next door to the Daunt Bar ? . Derek is still living in Chicago married with 3 kids the eldest one just starting college, he had a hearth bipass a few years ago and doing fine .
                  Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Would that be No 1 Harbour Row with 3 apartments in which a lovely well behaved bunch of lads from the Navy occupied and which was next door to the Daunt Bar ? . Derek is still living in Chicago married with 3 kids the eldest one just starting college, he had a hearth bipass a few years ago and doing fine .
                    great to hear that if you have an e mail address for him or joe banks can you pm it to me .. thanks martin

Comment

• Does anybody recall the rank held by Charlie Romeo when he left NS to join coastguard which he now heads up.over.

Comment

• Originally posted by danno View Post
                        Does anybody recall the rank held by Charlie Romeo when he left NS to join coastguard which he now heads up.over.
                        As far as I can remember LT.

Comment

• Thanks Cha. I was wondering as there is an image of him on home page of www.ircg.ie in a uniform that suggests a rank of full commodore if not a rear admiral. I had thought his new post carried no ranking and in that scenario the post holder kept the rank he last held in service.The previous incumbant Capt Lima Kilo had been a master in Irish Shipping. Any thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by golden rivet View Post
                            great to hear that if you have an e mail address for him or joe banks can you pm it to me .. thanks martin
                            try facebook yoy know where to go - jb is a member??

Comment

• Chris Reynolds hold the position of Director of The Coast guard and I reckon this is where his badges of rank as currently wore.

take a look at his home page and you'll discover through the various degrees he has done since the NS he has more that qualified for the Job.Chris is more qualified that we would have thought and is not shy in sharing some of the qualifications he holds.

Have to say in fairness he does a ggod job in the coast guard..wonder does he still drive a honda fifty

He left the NS with the rank Of Lt.

Interesting David McMyler is also a coast guard person having again held the rank of Lt.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Rank Protocols

Just following on from HTP , the reputed rank cant seem to come from the size of the organisation as it has a full time cadre of 89 staff to include admin,eng,vol training ,radio ops and incident controllers plus tactical control of the 4 helos and volunteers.The rdf is much larger yet the GOC has a lower rank. maybe it is a comparable rank to the heads of other coastguards.

In the Pcw report on the coastguard it is stated that the role of volunteer trainer is reserved for ex NS officers

Danno.

Comment

Working...
                                X