New Equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Equipment

Last week there was a news story aired (though it seems that I was the only one who saw it!) that showed off the new equipment on issue to the army I was just wondering if anyone had any information in regards to the new NV equipment, kevlar vests and fritz style helmets?
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Was it on RTE on TV3
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Is this the new Kevlar Vest or is this being replaced?
      Theirs not to make reply,
      Theirs not to reason why,
      Theirs but to do and die:
      Into the valley of Death
      Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Was it this one?

400 Irish troops could face African deployment

Comment

It was only on for a second so I'm not sure, but yes the Kevlar looks fairly new (As in proper DPM and inserts). Suprised more people hadn't seen it! It was on RTE. Can any one shed some light on this!? It looked like a fairly big display on in McKee they had MOWAGS and the M203's on show etc etc
          "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

The DF uses the Kite weapons site, the Lucie goggles & the Sophie thermal imager - all from Thales. The DF's body armour hasn't changed in it's make-up, only in it's appearance. The Fritz-type helmet is in use with MOWAG troops.

All the above have been on issue for a good while.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

From the Ministers speech at the launch of the DF annual report:

"There are other significant projects in the pipeline:

A tender competition for the acquisition of light tactical armoured vehicles is currently underway.

A tender competition is also in train to replace the FN 9 mm browning automatic pistol within the Defence Forces.

It is also proposed to procure a new lighter protective system consisting of body armour and helmet. "

Comment

New Helmet and Body armour mentioned,order to be placed later this year.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

is thenew helmet probably going to be the one the guy's using the Piranha use?
                  Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

This one.

Comment

Heard today we're getting a new respirator in the next few weeks. No idea what type though.
                      sigpic
                      Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
                      My favourite moment was when the
                      Originally posted by hedgehog
                      red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

glad you could decypher my question GF, just reading it again, it seem's weird :redface: , but anyway,I knew it was an RBR helmet, what I was getting at, is this helmet, the RBR one,probably going to be standard across the Army or perhap's are they going to get a new one,maybe the US ACH/MICH?
                        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Comment

Originally posted by Groundhog
                          Heard today we're getting a new respirator in the next few weeks. No idea what type though.
                          I think it's the Avon S12

Comment

What is the US ACH/MICH? There is no difference.They have been using the RBR with Mowag crews since the Mowags arrival and most users are satisfied with them. I don't see why they would change their minds now and select an untested helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
                              What is the US ACH/MICH? There is no difference.They have been using the RBR with Mowag crews since the Mowags arrival and most users are satisfied with them. I don't see why they would change their minds now and select an untested helmet.
                              ACH/Mich are as you said the same helmet, just MICH is only used as a term by the US military I believe, I didn't want to write MICH :wink: and have someone give out, and the second part of your answear was what I was looking for, Ijust wanted to know how well the RBR was regarded, I have no experience of it

Comment

Working...
                              X