• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rip
    OH YES BOYS.....I'M BACK AND I'M PACKING

Comment

McAleese pays tribute to death crash soldier
      01/07/2005 - 15:34:31

President Mary McAleese today paid tribute to a young soldier killed in an off-road training accident at the Curragh, Co Kildare.

James Dillon, 21, a trooper with the 2nd Cavalry Squadron in Dublin, died yesterday afternoon when the armoured car he was travelling in overturned.

“I should like to take this opportunity to extend my condolences to the family and friends of the brave young Trooper, James Dillon, who was accidentally killed so tragically in the Curragh,” she said.

“James’s family have the closest association with the Defence Forces and our thoughts and prayers are with them at this heartbreaking time.”

Trooper Dillon, who’s father and sister are members of the armed forces, was acting as gunner in the armoured car and part of a three-strong team taking part in off-road training.

The vehicle overturned on a hilly section of the course causing Trooper Dillon fatal injuries. Two other soldiers were injured in the incident and taken to hospital for treatment.

President McAleese extended her sympathies to the soldier’s colleagues.

“My best wishes for a quick and complete recovery go to Sgt Tom Kennedy and Trooper Nicola Nolan, who were injured in the same accident,” she said.

A joint garda and military police investigation was launched at the Defence Forces centre at the Curragh.

breakingnews.ie
      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

RIP...codolences to Trooper Dillons family and friends.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

RIP
          Trooper James Dillon

Get well soon
          Sgt Tom Kennedy
          Trooper Nicola Nolan
          Last edited by DeV; 3 July 2005, 21:55.

Comment

Rip
            "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
            - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rip
                Last edited by FMolloy; 5 July 2005, 02:51.
                "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

R.i.p.
                  Last edited by FMolloy; 4 July 2005, 05:34.
                  Cry "havoc!", and let slip the dogs of war!

Comment

RIP Tpr Dillon - may he rest in peace.

If the afore mentioned Sgt Kennedy is who I think he is, I' ve met him once, last year, when he held Cpl rank. A sound fella, may he and Tpr Nolan recover from their injuries soon.
                    Last edited by FMolloy; 4 July 2005, 05:34.
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Rip

Comment

RIP

God speed the recovery of Tpr Nolan and Sgt Kennedy
                        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Condolences to the soldiers' family and friends
                          Hour by hour resolve firmly, like a Roman and a man, to do what comes to hand with correct and natural dignity, and with humanity, independence, and justice. Allow your mind freedom from all other considerations. :wink:
                          - Marcus Aurelius-Roman Emperor A.D. 121-180

Comment

Working...
                          X