Scarcity of Bergens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarcity of Bergens

I am currently lookng for a "short back" 120 Ltr bergen WITH rocket pouches on E- Bay. The only ones I can find are either Brit DPM or OG with no rockets. Which is the lesser of two evils???
    Anyone else have the same problem as me???

snugpak do some decent bergans, though if you don't have to have a 'bergan-shaped' bergan i'd recomend the karrimor condor 60-100ltr, usually found on flea-bay. the web-tex versions of the PLCE however get a bad press, but i think the arktis jobs are quite good.

the british PLCE bergans are well made, but they can soak up water and aren't the most comfortable rucksacs in the world, but as an unbreakable thing to throw your whole world into they are very good.

if you can get an irish DPM pattern bergan cover then the green would be ok, but can you really tell the difference between the british and irish DPM at 30 yards in the rain?

Comment

Originally posted by UniSol
      I am currently lookng for a "short back" 120 Ltr bergen WITH rocket pouches on E- Bay. The only ones I can find are either Brit DPM or OG with no rockets. Which is the lesser of two evils???
      Anyone else have the same problem as me???
      Be carefull of the EBay ones. Alot of them are knock offs and not great quality. Most sellers can get you the rockets so its worth asking. Keep looking and you will findone. The short backs are easier to get then the log ones.

Comment

Try the store:

Comment

This one any good. Price seems OK.

Maybe a little smaller than what you want.

Later.
          No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

Rocket pouches are easier to come by, if you find a genuine short-back in OG buy it & get the rockets elsewhere.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

What kind of bergens do the reserves use.

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent
                What kind of bergens do the reserves use.
                58 pattern large packs. Contents: 1 2l bottle of fanta, 3 packets of crisps, 1 mars bar

Comment

The small-back bergen isn't 120 ltr, it's only 90. If you can find a good condition surplus one you've done well, they're extremely rare. Surpus genuine OG PLCE bergens are rare enough, the bulk of the ones you'll find are long back.
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

green bergans are becoming rare, they've not been made for about eight years. everything is now in DPM.

bigger problem is that there are now two types of PLCE bergen: the infantry bergen and the all-arms bergen. the infantry bergen looks like a traditional rucksac while the all-ams bergen is a kind of box with straps - as advertised in the sportsmansguide website.

i would not recommend the all-arms bergen, it is not designed for carrying over long distances, it was designed to accomodate large quantities of oddly shaped crap and be slung into a four-tonner.

if you do need a 'bergen-shaped' rucksac that will be carried then try the berghaus vulcan, its pretty comfortable and bigger than the infantry bergan - its also green.

one can usually be found on fleabay.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                      58 pattern large packs. Contents: 1 2l bottle of fanta, 3 packets of crisps, 1 mars bar
                      Rave from the grave.

TA medics dont use bergins except when they are to be deployed they get re issued with everything eg proper infantry bergans etc.

Comment

why not try 'cheapasdirt.com' its a yank website but it has i lot of military gear you might find a good back pack on that
                        larium is a fun pill

Comment

Originally posted by Barry
                          You're taking the piss right? The RDF isn't still using that 58 pattern sh1te is it?

Time to re-org the re-org, methinks. Two weeks of camp next year???
                          Take these men and women for your example.
                          Like them, remember that posterity can only
                          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                          possession of those who have the
                          courage to defend it.
                          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

TA medics are now being issued with infantry bergins.....does this mean that we will have to do some work.

Comment

Originally posted by JAG
                              You're taking the piss right? The RDF isn't still using that 58 pattern sh1te is it?
                              No. The RDF is not using '58 pattern webbing. It has all been handed back and destroyed. We all use PLCE on exercises now. All you have to do is apply for it.

Yeah right.

It still pisses me off when people say that '58 pattern is gone and not to be used and you still get issued it from stores.

Comment

Working...
                              X