Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Kit

Here's a thread to discuss good or bad items of kit. What would you recommend others buy? What did you find useless?

pictures of kit available in the store would be nice, i like to see what i'm buying
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

yea, we're workin on that at the moment.

Comment

Keep up the Good Work. I've been after some good Kit for a while now, all you get Web wise is British stuff and I'm kinda fed up with the usual garb you get from them.

A few Irish Army related pieces of Kit would be nice to see.

Comment

Could we a have a thread like this in the games section aswell to disscuss them please?

Comment

OG Kit, New Webbing

If I were to get chest rigs and/or assault vests, what colour would you pick? OG, Brit DPM (these are the easiest to get), Central European, US Woodland?

Also, if I was to get some brand new OG PLCE, would people pay around the €100 mark for it?
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

cant go wrong with OG, i dont like the brit dpm, and esp dont like it with our dpm
              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Decent Kit

One of the most valuable pieces of kit I ever bought was a platypus hydration pack. Never used it on exercise, as the thing had a very inconviently bright colour. Still, makes it much easier to prevent dehydration, just keep on sipping.
                Take these men and women for your example.
                Like them, remember that posterity can only
                be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                possession of those who have the
                courage to defend it.
                Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Hydration packs are on the way, I'm trialing a number of them now.

More pics are also on the way.
                  "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

US Woodland would suit our dpm better than brit or og would..... but then again i have a love/hate thing with the german pattern!
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

I used an arktis chestrig for the three weeks I spent on camp this year.A real head turner.best bit of kit i ever boughtcarried everything I needed including internal holsterfor a pistol.A must have for all those who travel in vehicles for sustained periods of time .Nothing to interfere with your posture.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Over the past months I have bought webbing (via Cushtac) and a basha (via the IMO Kit Store) and I most admitt that both were of very good quality and have both proved very useful when on the ground recently. The webbing was especially useful for FIBUA and Pot NCO`s course. The service was very prompt and I was kept informed all along the process.
                        So come on and support the store.

On the question of best kit Ive bought. I bought a pair of second hand british army assualt boots as I only had one pair of boots at the time (a pair of god damed awful 24b`s) They have been really good and give really good support to my ankles which some people know are shite at the best of times
                        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

The best bit of kit i have bought is a Wyvern daysack, it is big enough to carry all the kit you need for a day at the ranges like helmet, body armour, warm kit, scoff etc. You can also zip on the PLCE bergen side pouches which gives you 60 litres of space, enough for a weekend in the field if you have a small enough sleeping bag. I also have a Snugpak softie 6 sleeping bag which is ideal for the summer and when staying in camps. It is about 30cm long and 20cm wide in it's compression sack so doesn't take up much space in a bergen.
                          Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance.

Comment

Cam Cream

Do you guys stock Cam cream? If not where do I get it?

Comment

Yes, we stock it. See the accessories thread (click here). It's the 4th item down.

Comment

Working...
                              X