No announcement yet.

Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before you go out and get kit like this,you need to know that you will be allowed wear it.
    If everyone else is wearing PLCE Cefo,why should you be different? Its called SOP.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I checked it out and there is no problem with wearing a chest rig in my unit. Seems SOP doesn't apply. Is it worth getting one?
      "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"
      - Sir Winston Churchill, Speech Nov. 1954.

Comment

It depends on what you want to do with it. Will you use it often enough to justify the expense? They are not cheap,compared to PLCE. You will not be allowed wear it on most courses or competitions...
        (with exceptions of course).

We discussed this elsewhere on the board I think.

Comment

Can someone clarify if the PDF are getting chest rigs sometime next year ? I mean the infantry not Mowag personnel.

Comment

I think it's worth your while getting one :D

Seriously though, as Goldie said, will you be able to use it enough to get your money's worth?
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I'd assume so, because all the NCO's have invested in them. Anyway I've already ordered it from the store ( :-patriot: ) along with ESS goggles (I'm not just using those for fibua). Still waiting on confirmation.
              "I have never accepted what many people have kindly said, namely that I inspired the Nation. It was the nation and the race dwelling around the globe that had the lion heart. I had the luck to be called upon to give the roar"

Comment

NCO's like TIM?
                NCO's like those who realised the uselessness of Tinted Gucci Goggles when they had to do FIBUA in tunnels and buildings which were em....DARK?

Buy one anyway. It'll look great in your wardrobe.

Buy it from IMO of course.

Comment

I can understand PDF getting a tac vest or chest rig but there's absolutely no reason for you to get one in the RDF. Of course if you are show-off-look-at-me-attention-heat-seeker then you definitely need one........ for your wardrobe
                  As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

Equalizer: Recently inhereted some cash and I've got nothing better to spend it on. God help me.

Goldie: I'm smart enough to order the non-tinted ESS goggles after last years 7th Btn fort Davis escapade. Tought you tought better of me, ah well.

Comment

Its not attention seeking its common sense, the right kit for the task in hand.

a tactical vest is the business for FISH.

The cefo will weight you down unlike the vest, and the vest is more comfortable in extended combat i.e FISH/ FIBUA.
                      It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Been well over a week and still no reply from storekeeper or confirmation. Anyone selling a good quality chest rig?
                        Ps: I'm very serious.

Comment

Ive got a good quality blackhawk rig , od green. 3 mag pouches 2 large utility pouches.
                          A couple of Iraqi chest rigs as well.Pm if your interested.
                          When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
                          All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

Check your email, I replied immediately.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Erm someone should tell Tim that ESS goggles come with both tinted and clear lenses as standard.
                              As for the chest rig, I have one and Ive used it a fair bit but not so much or so amazingly that Id buy it again if I could do my kit purchase decisions over.
                              French DPM raingear from Cushtac is quality and highly reccomended.
                              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Sorry about that FMolloy. He did reply immediately, I just assumed confirmation was over phone and never bothered to check my email.
                                However God has punished me for my sins, because as I typed this I spilled yoghurt all over my uniform. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X