• and with a defence forces discount as well
    larium is a fun pill

Comment

• Originally posted by ice19524
      a waterproof 56 might be of interest to a few people,
      I just got one for €23.?? inc. Delivery which I think
      was a bit steep!! and it took over a week to get from
      the phoenix park to south dublin!!
      Stupid question - shouldn't your unit intel types provide laminated maps? Or more to the point, if they don't, why not?
      "Hello, Good Evening and Bollocks..."

Roger Mellie

Comment

• Because they cost money. I don't know what it's like for other units but mine always used to buy maps out of company funds, so they bought the bog standard type.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• [and the boots, can u get a mirror like bull on them??]

I thought you were getting that boot problem fixed?

Comment

• Our S2 produces maps and leves it to us neanderthals to laminate them.Combat, how was the procurement of maps in the box for the Corps? You wouldnt believe how woeful our situation was.
            Last edited by ex pat 007; 12 April 2005, 01:53.
            When I breeze into that city, people gonna stoop and bow.
            All them women gonna make me, teach 'em what they don't know how

Comment

• Heya Sandman, The Boot Problem is still there, people
              are talking to their people but I wont hold my breath!!
              I wont see our CQ till god knows when since we is
              in HQ 2moro, and even when I do see him I hope
              to god he in a good mood with an arm full of size 10's!
              there is another recruit with the same prob but he in
              a diff coy so dont know how he getting with the situation
              then there is a lad in our coy who wasnt issued with
              boots so hope the whole boot prob is sorted out
              soon, I hate gettin a bollockin for something
              beyond my control!!.......

Comment

• Originally posted by combatlogo
                Stupid question - shouldn't your unit intel types provide laminated maps? Or more to the point, if they don't, why not?
                A. We don't have intel types (and if we do, I've never seen them).
                B. These things cost money.
                C. This is Ireland so we have to do things backward.

Comment

Heya Sandman, The Boot Problem is still there, people
                  are talking to their people but I wont hold my breath!!
                  I wont see our CQ till god knows when since we is
                  in HQ 2moro, and even when I do see him I hope
                  to god he in a good mood with an arm full of size 10's!
                  there is another recruit with the same prob but he in
                  a diff coy so dont know how he getting with the situation
                  then there is a lad in our coy who wasnt issued with
                  boots so hope the whole boot prob is sorted out
                  soon, I hate gettin a bollockin for something
                  beyond my control!!.......
                  I had that problem about 2 years ago Ice and only got a replacement pair of boots last Autumn when they got wrecked (the leather tore off at the heel) on an exercise. It was bloody annoying cos no matter how much work you put into them you couldnt't get a decent shine.

Comment

• what if I wore my old boots? technically they are still issue boots and not
                    gucci, they are mirroresque(ish), but the grip is nearly wasted on the sole,
                    so should I give up on my current issue boots and have a pair of range boots
                    and wear my old shiny pair that could fall apart easier??
                    what will I wear to the dance tomorrow nite???

Comment

what if I wore my old boots? technically they are still issue boots and not
                      gucci, they are mirroresque(ish), but the grip is nearly wasted on the sole,
                      so should I give up on my current issue boots and have a pair of range boots
                      and wear my old shiny pair that could fall apart easier??
                      what will I wear to the dance tomorrow nite???
                      I would say bugger to that, Ice, you are entitled to an issue, keep pushing for it.
                      Can you not get your clothing form from the aforementioned CQ and toddle into
                      clothing stores in Cathal Brugha or McKee?
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by FMolloy
                        PLCE costs €18 a piece for grade 1 stock & €25 a piece for new. So your typical 7 piece set (belt, yoke, 2 twin ammo pocuhes, 2 utility pouches & a waterbottle pouch) will cost €126 & €175 respectively. Grade 1 stock is in perfect working order but may be dirty. It's all in OG, like the current issue.
                        Any discount on two full sets? :tri:
                        And it was reccommended that i invest in another set of utility pouches aswell.
                        Grade 1 if you had it.
                        Last edited by How Ya Doin?; 18 April 2005, 20:12.
                        Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
                        but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
                        body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
                        WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

• Question.

I note from the New IMO store that you have 3 types of twin ammo pouch.

Left, right and universal.

What is the difference in make up. I have triangle type attachments on mine and can be used for left or right. What is the difference with the IMO ones?

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman
                            Question.

I note from the New IMO store that you have 3 types of twin ammo pouch.

Left, right and universal.

What is the difference in make up. I have triangle type attachments on mine and can be used for left or right. What is the difference with the IMO ones?
                            The original ammo pouch had two rings on the top of the pouch for the yoke to attach to. The rear attachment was angled backwards at a 45 degree angle to accept the rear strap from the yoke.

This meant that there was a difference between left & right pouches, it also meant that the pouches were not interchangable (i.e. you couldn't use the left pouch on the right side & vice versa). The second generation of pouches featured the triangular attachments you have. These allowed the pouch to be used on either side, thus making it universal.
                            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

• Originally posted by How Ya Doin?
                              Any discount on two full sets? :tri:
                              And it was reccommended that i invest in another set of utility pouches aswell.
                              Grade 1 if you had it.
                              Should i take that as a no?

I was serious. There is prob more than 2 people in my unit interested in plce but not imo members. I could mention to them that i might be ordering a set soon, but would there be any discount for buying a number of full sets as you described above plus another utility pouch?
                              Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body,
                              but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other,
                              body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming........................
                              WOO HOO - What a Ride!" :tri:

Comment

• Originally posted by FMolloy
                                The original ammo pouch had two rings on the top of the pouch for the yoke to attach to. The rear attachment was angled backwards at a 45 degree angle to accept the rear strap from the yoke.

This meant that there was a difference between left & right pouches, it also meant that the pouches were not interchangable (i.e. you couldn't use the left pouch on the right side & vice versa). The second generation of pouches featured the triangular attachments you have. These allowed the pouch to be used on either side, thus making it universal.
                                Thats what I thought but wasn't sure. So the universal ones that IMO sells are the triangular ones?

I have my own set of PLCE but I'm getting info for a friend, so a few more questions.

I assume the Utility pouches have the standard D rings at the top for replacing the ammo pouch. Also, what type of clips do the ammo pouches have for attaching to the belt? And the utility pouches?
                                Is it the 2 hooks which attach to the top and bottom as in the Irish issue PLCE (and are absolutely useless) or the flat metal pieces which insert into the belt and are secured by velcro and "push" buttons.

While I don't mind the hooks on the utility pouches, having hooks on the ammo pouches means they will just work themselves free and start sliding across the front of your tummy. The flat metal pieces are far more difficult to attach but you are guaranteed the pouches will not move.
                                Sorry for using non technical wording but I don't know it.

I

Comment

Working...
                                X