No announcement yet.

Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually I was told that you can buy a smock for €30 [approx] at a clothing store possibly in the curragh is there any truth to this.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

• at the moment theres some smocks for sale on ebay.
      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• A link for said smocks would be nice
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• ....sigh... http://cgi.ebay.ie/IRISH-ARMY-CAMOUF...QQcmdZViewItem
          Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Judging by the fact that the rank markings are wrong way around, I doubt they were actually his.
            If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

• Totally off the subject guys , anybody interested in a set of French CE rain gear looking to flog it .
              :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

• Anybody know where to get some cycling shorts? Either dark green or black?
                Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• You can get them in the rugby section of Elveries Sports shop.I would say other sport shops do them aswel.
                  Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• better to get a pair of helly hansen LIFA shorts or lowe alpine dryflo ones. they wick moisture away from you much better than cycling shorts. they are lighter weight, will dry out quicker, wont let you overheat as much and still give you good support as they are close fitting like the bike shorts. i used to wear bike shorts on the ground but found them too warm and sweaty. switched to helly hansen and never looked back!
                    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• i have a pair of the lowe alpine ones, they're class alright, well worth the money
                      Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                        I used an arktis chestrig for the three weeks I spent on camp this year.A real head turner.best bit of kit i ever boughtcarried everything I needed including internal holsterfor a pistol.A must have for all those who travel in vehicles for sustained periods of time .Nothing to interfere with your posture.
                        WAS THAT THE C.E. DPM LIKE THE FRENCH DPM. IF IT IS, WELL ITS THE RIG ANYONE COULD BUY. F**KING GREAT.

Comment

• Nope OG...arktis don't do any thing other than OG or Brit DPM..the particular model is not available any more..and that post is about three years old..but I still have the vest....but only as a back up to the occasions when I'm obliged to dig out my PLCE.

Don't recommend it as a replacement for webbing..just as an alternatitive depending on the role your fulfilling.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                            Nope OG...arktis don't do any thing other than OG or Brit DPM..the particular model is not available any more..and that post is about three years old..but I still have the vest....but only as a back up to the occasions when I'm obliged to dig out my PLCE.

Don't recommend it as a replacement for webbing..just as an alternatitive depending on the role your fulfilling.
                            YA WELL I HAVE A ARKTIS C.E. CHESTRIG. JUST THE SAME AS YOU SAID,ALL FRONTAL LOAD, HAS 2 MAP POCKETS, HAS
                            A HOLSTER FOR PISTOL, AND I WOULD SAY I'M SAFE IN SAYING F**K ALL STORAGE AREA IN IT, U NEED A DAYPACK AS WELL.

Comment

• what you really need is a light belt order like:

1771 : Allen Belt Kit
                              The Arktis Allen Belt Rig is a configuration similar to the chest rig that is worn around the waist
                              :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

• Originally posted by flash bang View Post
                                what you really need is a light belt order like:

1771 : Allen Belt Kit
                                The Arktis Allen Belt Rig is a configuration similar to the chest rig that is worn around the waist

Presume you are talking about this?

The problem I see with this is that it would be awkward to wear when in vehicles.
                                On the back, wouldn't be able to sit comfortably.
                                On the front, would be cumbersome, especially if driving, as it would be a tad low
                                on the torso for driving. In this regard, I think a chest rig probably would be a better
                                option.

P.S:
                                Have any of you Cav heads done AML driving in CBRN kit?
                                Saw same in the DFTC a day or two ago. I'd say it was a bugger in the
                                wet weather
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X