No announcement yet.

Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i could see that belt kit hanging around somebodies knees if fully loaded with full complement of magazines, water bottle and other bits and bobs.

with all the weight you would need shoulder straps to spread the load. seems like a bit of kit that looks nice when shiny and new but severely limited in practical usefulness.
    An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• i bought a DPM george foreman grill. a real lifesaver. i'm a new man. the sight of a frustrated soldier with a hexi cooker offends me now
      My pistol is loaded I shot Betty Crocker,delivered Colonel Sanders down to Davie Jones' locker

Comment

• Originally posted by stinkinvarmint View Post
        i bought a DPM george foreman grill. a real lifesaver. i'm a new man. the sight of a frustrated soldier with a hexi cooker offends me now
        Ah but will it boil water??

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          Ah but will it boil water??
          And are there any 230V AC sockets in the middle of Stranehely????
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• forget about boiling water when you have the hot grease!
            My pistol is loaded I shot Betty Crocker,delivered Colonel Sanders down to Davie Jones' locker

Comment

• There's a practical demo of the Jetboil on youtube.com here:

Gives a good indication of how compact it is, how to put together, etc., but a demo
              of how quick it could cook up grub, boil water, etc, would have been better
              - just to see if it is true that it will boil water in 2 minutes or not....
              Last edited by Goldie fish; 19 June 2007, 21:12.
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Personally I think Jetboil is a great idea, haven't met one face to stove yet but -

okay everything fits nice & tightly into the mug part - including the bits that go onto the forest floor -> dirty mug

Comment

• jetboil will heat up a ration pack meal and leave you with a mug full of boiled water for a brew in about 3-4 minutes max.

with the chinese take away tin meals gone out of the ration packs now it is the ideal cooking gear for on the ground. bung your meal packet in, pour some water in, boil it up, take out the meal, eat and throw a coffee sachet in the water. meal and brew in no time!

just don't accidently tip it over. they are kind of tall and narrow when the cup is on top of the cooker. dig a decent hole to sit it into.
                  An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

• When you unscrew the gas, will it leak?

Comment

• Why pay for an expensive jeboil when Hexi's are free? And how do you check how much gas is left, by judging its weight yourself?
                      Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                        When you unscrew the gas, will it leak?
                        the gas is in a self sealing container...
                        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by The real Jack
                          ....And how do you check how much gas is left, by judging its weight yourself?
                          Jeebus - the youth of today.... did you never shake a gas bottle to gauge its weight ?

Originally posted by The real Jack
                          ....Why pay for an expensive jetboil when Hexi's are free?
                          Hexis are a pain in the hole to light, especially in a windy area.

Plus the tablets are rather toxic - you have to ensure that you wash your hands after
                          handling, before eating...

But granted, it's no harm to have a Plan B...

Comment

• What happens when you run out of gas on the ground.

Will you be resupplied with new gas when everyone else has hexamine?

The toxicity of hexi is questionable.
                            Much of the sickness put down to hexi fumes can also be attributed to food poisoning, or drinking polluted water.

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                              But granted, it's no harm to have a Plan B...
                              There is absolutley no point in carrying a guicci jetboil if your still carrying a hexi. Its just more weight. I have never had any problems lighting a Hexi. And I've never eaten one so I wouldn't know about the toxicity bit. A lot of the tales about hexi poisoning are bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                                Yes there is. Waithing 15 minutes for your water to boil as opposed to 3 minutes, when when you're moving again in 10 minutes causes a problem. The whole advantage of the Jet Boil is speed. A hexi cooker and a box of tabs weighs sweet fcuk all.
                                I was refering to the extra wieight of the jetboil. If everybody else is using hexi's what is the point in being faster than them? I had a quick look at the prices for these things, £50 sterling no thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X