No announcement yet.

Good Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

myself i have a protac webbing, meindel boots, my best purchase is a pac-lite gore-tex jacket that i can wear underneath smock and worst purchase was an olive green rucksack the straps were always fallin apart. now got me a dpm rucksack 30-40 litres in size. so i'd just about manage on excercises.
    It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

To me boots are the most important piece of kit so I bought a pair of Magnum breathable boots and some breathable socks. Very comfortable and warm, quite the opposite of the barrack boots. Also have dpm webbing and rucksack but what I would most like is dpm waterproofs

As regards issued kit the Norweigan is prolly the best garment.
      Last edited by bulldemboots!; 29 March 2004, 18:58.

Comment

The old style jumpers are awful and dont look good with the DPM trousers, i think, iv never worn mine. The only thing with the N.Fleece is you cant wear it on its own ie.you have to wear your smock over it, thats what we were told but iv seen my people wearing them without the smock, i dont like it either only worn it once on a field day.
        Iv the Barrack boots and the issue operational boots that were given out when the PDF changed again. I think boots are the most important as a soldier is no good if he cant walk because of sore feet from doing tactics in barrack boots and there feet get soaked too, i found the barrack boots hard to run in but the operationals are easy and have lovely padding all around them - very good for standing on guard and cold field days!
        Assurance is credable and to be credable you'v got to show you can do it!!

Comment

Magnum waterproof boots - very good, light, flexible, comfortable, but fabric sides
          Platapus - excellent but hardly used
          Surplus PLCE webbing - excellent
          universal sink plug - they always seen to be missing

Comment

best bit of kit i have is my bush hat, got it saterday

Comment

recently bought a set of plce and french raingear from fmolloy (can't wait to use them ) before that borrowed plce from an a mate in the 7far luckily w/ends and camp never clashed . best bit of gear i bought so far has to be the fritz helmet and meindel boots no more headaches or blisters.As an old pdf 3*said to me as he put the sausages on the frying pan on and boiled the kettle "any gobshite can be uncomfortable"

Comment

How much are operational boots?
                what ones give most support to your ankles?
                Wheres the best place to buy them?
                "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

ive got plce UK surplus,cant complain. Maybe a chest set would come in handy.
                  but the best peice of kit i got is meindl's ! excellent boot

Comment

For sheer comfort, buy Meindl Eagles. Be prepared to pay for new soles very regularly though
                    Take these men and women for your example.
                    Like them, remember that posterity can only
                    be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                    possession of those who have the
                    courage to defend it.
                    Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                    If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Ok,

Are they purchasable in Town? prob in the great outdoors or somewhere...
                      How much?

I was looking at the Brit Op Boot on Custac, are they any use do you know?
                      "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Got three pairs of the brit assault boot

one assault vest arktis make

Brit PLCE just in case
                        Webtex bergen
                        Dutch goretex gear

Various comfort items not readily available to the DF
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus
                          Ok,

Are they purchasable in Town? prob in the great outdoors or somewhere...
                          How much?

AND GOD CREATED THE SEARCH FUNCTION AND THE COTTON PICKING PLEBS JUST IGNORED IT, AGAIN.

Regards etc

Comment

no offence joshua,
                            but from where do you think i dug up THIS thread
                            i actually posted on that other thread and had forgotten about it reason being at the time I wasnt sure Id be sticking out the RDF. Now i know i will and need good boots that will double for both tactics and my own hiking aswell.

Thanks for the link tho.

Mod you can delete my boot questions if you so wish, although techincally it is kit which is what this thread is about.

Comment

I took a look in the store but couln't find any.....

Any chance of the store selling Midge Nets?

Comment

While I'm at it, A very good piece of kit is a Bergen vover to go over the bergen. Brits have started using them a lot and I have one. Very good.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X