No announcement yet.

Irish Steel Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The name of the small island with the Magazine is Rocky Island , it held 25,000 barrels of gunpowder which was enough to supply the entire Brithish garison in ireland for one year .
    Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

Wondering what happened to my two postings .
      Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

a pic of rocky island from the west side of the base
        Attached Files

Comment

I read in the irish examiner a few weeks back that Rocky Island has been sold to developers who have already applied for planning permission to build a cremetorium, and it looks like it could get the go ahead as it will be the only one in the country outside of dublin!!

Comment

the work has started and they are going through the place like there is no tomorrow. pictures taken last saturday....
            Attached Files

Comment

Should be simple enough to knock the place, Mittal stripped any useful plant long ago.

The sooner its gone the better. It'll make the walk from the Oil Wharf to the Basin so much easier...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by kayleighanne03
                I read in the irish examiner a few weeks back that Rocky Island has been sold to developers who have already applied for planning permission to build a cremetorium, and it looks like it could get the go ahead as it will be the only one in the country outside of dublin!!
                Seems like they got the planning permission

Meh.

Comment

Hey guys,

Possibly a mad rumour but i've heard the reason Irish Steel is coming down as quickly as it is been is because the people taking it down are set to gain an extra 250,000 euro per day that they finish before the set date on the initial contract. Seems a bit surreal i know but then again it is the Irish government thats paying them! And they do love spending money! (hopefully next year they will dig deep to replace Emer).........

Comment

Originally posted by kayleighanne03
                    Hey guys,

Possibly a mad rumour but i've heard the reason Irish Steel is coming down as quickly as it is been is because the people taking it down are set to gain an extra 250,000 euro per day that they finish before the set date on the initial contract. Seems a bit surreal i know but then again it is the Irish government thats paying them! And they do love spending money! (hopefully next year they will dig deep to replace Emer).........
                    They should have done that with the M50.

Comment

Except replace the promise of extra money with a fine for everyday its overdue...

Comment

Island View

As I'm in Dub, I don't get to Cork Regularly, I'm hearing the view of the
                        Island is improving everyday with the demolition of Ispaat, any1 got an up to-date picture?
                        say one taken from Cobh. Cheers.

Comment

sorry to tell ya, but their isnt any change in the skyline, just give it a few weeks and ill fix ya up with a picture

Comment

Ah so digital camera hven't reached mav land yet!
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

There is numerous canvas bags of Radioactive material on Rocky Island.
                              Apparently the contents include scrap-iron from Chernobyl.

Comment

No there isnt.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X