X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jetjock View Post
    Any updates? Not looking promising.
    I'd take the opposite view - if her sea trials didn't find anything wrong, or didn't break anything, then they aren't strenuous enough.

Better to rant the crap out of her in the Bristol Channel and spend a week back on the blocks than to to give her an easy ride and then discover a problem 600 miles out into the Atlantic or 12 miles off the Libyan coast...

Comment

• Originally posted by ropebag View Post
      I'd take the opposite view - if her sea trials didn't find anything wrong, or didn't break anything, then they aren't strenuous enough.

Better to rant the crap out of her in the Bristol Channel and spend a week back on the blocks than to to give her an easy ride and then discover a problem 600 miles out into the Atlantic or 12 miles off the Libyan coast...
      Possibly find a problem while carrying out the elements of sea trials such as crash stops and endurance trials, or even permitted overloaded engine trials. My main concern is that these trials are carried out at a realistic draft and duration , the latter being the key, to expose anomalies/ vibrations etc.
      If the trials draft is too lightweight then speeds achieved may never be seen again once she is loaded to operational draft. It is always interesting to have trials speeds extrapolated to operational speeds.

Comment

• P64 Left Appledore on Trials again this morning.

For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• A selection of unprecedented clips from ongoing sea trials from the NS twitter feed.

Comment

• Fastest she'll ever go i guess!
            "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
            "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

• P64 went off AIS over three hours ago, at max speed, course 285 deg heading straight for Cork. Given its last position, if it continued at that speed it should be approaching the Cork Coast later tonight.

Comment

• Interesting night to bring her in given the weather conditions were meant to have, presume it will be tomorrow morning for her coming in?

Comment

• Tomorrow morning could be hairy. If they can get in tonight before midnight, better off for everyone.
                  Or they could go to rosslare till it blows over...

Comment

• Looking at Ship tracker she's off Cork right now?

Comment

• Nice work. Literally home before the storm. Still warm and breezy down here.

Comment

• Passing Whitegate now if anyone has a spot to get a look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparky42 View Post
                          Passing Whitegate now if anyone has a spot to get a look.
                          Got dark here at 1930. All you'll see is 2 white mast lights and a green light. Later, you'll only see a white stern light

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	P64GBS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	698229

Photo of George Bernard Shaw alongside today. Image credit Defence Forces Twitter account

Comment

• Whoever is running the twitter account has done great work this week.

Comment

• the weather was not helpful this morning.

Irish Naval Service Photos

Comment

Working...
                                X