Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out the explosive device that launches a molten spike of copper.

Daily mail today reports that the NS are experimenting with the Krakatoa

to blow up old WW2 mines

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
      lads, great thread this, but can someone post a pic of the actual OPV the Irish Navy are getting please?
      page 13 of the PDF in danno's post above

Comment

• thanks easyrider.

no helicopter then?
        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

thanks easyrider.

no helicopter then?
          Jesus Tapdancing ****ing christ. Read the mother****ing thread!

Last edited by Goldie fish; 14 June 2011, 01:28.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• the thread is 6 years old and 57 pages long, am i really required to search through it all for a simple answer about the title of the thread?
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• Originally posted by sofa View Post
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqO15oyWueE

Daily mail today reports that the NS are experimenting with the Krakatoa

to blow up old WW2 mines
              Wasn't there another section of that programme where they showed Navel Service divers using the Krakatoa?

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=9259.0

Looks like some else is watching when our stuff comes up for sale
                They might not be as interested if we don't sell them with the guns!!

Comment

the thread is 6 years old and 57 pages long, am i really required to search through it all for a simple answer about the title of the thread?
                  Yes you lazy sod. Failing that why not look at the other FAQ thread called "New Naval vessel specifications"

Comment

• They might not be as interested if we don't sell them with the guns
                    Given they already carried out alteration to the existing weapon fits I would say they would be happy enough to take them.

Given some of the offcasts they buy from the US I would reckon that they might be interested in the Eithne and possibly even Eithne when the time comes.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Herald View Post
                      They might not be as interested if we don't sell them with the guns!!
                      Sell them with the guns and use the money to buy new weapons for the new ships.

Comment

• Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                        http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=9259.0

Looks like some else is watching when our stuff comes up for sale
                        Thread is a few years old. Would make sense for them to keep an eye on the CPVs. But the OPVs have to go first, before the CPVs. So that would put their retirement a few years off!

Comment

• Thread didn't seem to show any interest in the OPVs ( P21 class ). The relationship between the peacocks being the kep point of interest with the helideck on Eithne being a key point of interest.

Thread is about 4 years old which is ships years is comparitively short especially if you are looking for a bargain.

I would reckon that the NS if it could get another OPV would be shot of the peacocks in the morning...minus the oto Melaras and firecontrol systems that would be retrofiited to the new builds...which could still happen if the purse strings tighten along the way.

Their fuel consumption, limited operability, crew conditions and male only accomadation would make them prime candidates for mothballing should the department require it.

If the army are in the firing line to lose more Bks Ican see the NS having to limit ships at sea....given the Emer replacement is a reality look at the two peacocks as a ptential cost saving measure and a source of guns and boats for a future aquisition.
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                            Yes you lazy sod. Failing that why not look at the other FAQ thread called "New Naval vessel specifications"
                            http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...ad.php?t=11651
                            all that's necessary and nothing that is not

i got the answer i wanted after a couple of simple questions, thanks lads.

looks like a nice boat.
                            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

• You shouldn't use the "b" word in here.

Comment

all that's necessary and nothing that is not

i got the answer i wanted after a couple of simple questions, thanks lads.

looks like a nice boat.
                                Get back to Honkey heaven, groundpounder.

Comment

Working...
                                X