No announcement yet.

webbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have sand filled boxes in the ammo pouches to try and balance the weight, it just isn't working. I'l try something heavier if I can get something to fit. Cheers

Comment

• i have 10-14kg in cefo. Use 6/8lb diving weights and normal kit. The green plce pouches with the brass pins are absolute kak when it comes to weight bearing. The brit dpm pouches with the twin metal tab inserts and velcro tie straps are king in this regard. Other than that, a good fitted hip pad and snug kidney straps do hold it well. Ran a 2 mile with 10kg in 14 ish min. Very snug, no bouncing.
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Have you the cefo fitted correctly? Not like what I have seen before and have heard "this is more comfortable" with it hanging out of them everywhere.
        Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

• It fits ok when walking, its just when I run it starts to ride up at the front, I'm nearly sure its just uneven weight distribution. I have the Ammo pouches right around on my hips, were I was told they're supposed to be. I think I'l move them closer to the buckle to bring more weight to the front.

Also, how heavy should an average CEFO weigh? I cant remember how heavy mine was when I was in

Comment

• about 10kg.

8 magazines 5.56
            couple of belts 7.62mm
            Weight of grenHE/smke
            Admin/Medical
            Water
            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Cheers lads

Comment

• It also depends what way you have the CEFO set up.IF you go the official route with the Respirator haversack(AKA large utility pouch) attached at the rear and packed out with wet gear etc than no amount of fiddling will make it stay in place as the bulk of you weight is at the rear.If you go the proper way and have two normal utility and a waterbottle pouch acros the rear and sides you should be grand.Also is the belt the right size for you?There are three sizes.Small,medium and large.If you have the wrong size for your waist you will have dramas Esp. if it is too large.
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• I axed the haversack straight away, I have it as you say, water bottle and 2 utility pouches across the back and then the ammo pouches. I think the belt is a bit big, I didn't realise there were different sizes, the lad who sold it must have been a fat heap! I'll have to source another. Thanks Apod

Comment

• NO worries.
                    If you look in the Good tips thread.I posted at length about how to set up your CEFO so it will fit you like a glove.Might be worth a look.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Anyone know where i could get a couple of PLCE utility pouchs, Not the kak waterbottle ones the larger utility ones Some i believe were stamped respirator, Am looking for new or grade one and wont be anywhere near protac to see what he has an dont really want to risk ebay in case they are non compatible with Irish PLCE. Any ideas lads?
                      Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• my PLCE setup has a mixture of brit og and Irish pouches no problems ,
                        "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

• In a standard olive green colour? That would be ideal if i could get a couple of decent ones! Are the fittings the same?
                          Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

• yes the colour is so close as i cant remember which are brit and which are irish ,, i had a pro-tac respirator pouch whose colour didn't really match ..
                            ill have to have a look to compare the fittings , but i have never had a problem with any configuration i tried , i had both an irish and a uk belt ,
                            "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Working...
                            X