No announcement yet.

webbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have mine to hand but IIRC doesn't that just involve taking off the quick release clips???
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

• Why would you want to?
      Better off doing it the other way around, if at all.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
        No, they are 2 completely different yokes. As far as I am aware, it isn't possible.
        Right you are. Just looked at it there. Sorry bout that, Ignore my last.

Comment

• Does anyone know of a dealer in Ireland who sells roll pin belts ?

Have seen a few bods wearing them, both PDF and RDF, and am wondering where
          they got them.....

Better than the sh1te issue stable belt, anyhow....
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• If you but some PLCE adaptors, can you use them to use a pistol belt instead of a PLCE, and would it be woth it?
            I always though about using the US style waterbottles and hlders becuse I find the PLCE waterbottle holders take up unnessecary space
            "I'm telling a Lie!"
            Was that statement true or false?

Comment

• Originally posted by recruitastic View Post
              If you but some PLCE adaptors, can you use them to use a pistol belt instead of a PLCE, and would it be woth it?
              I always though about using the US style waterbottles and hlders becuse I find the PLCE waterbottle holders take up unnessecary space
              Thats because you don't just carry a water bottle in it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Ohhh right,
                Thanks for that,
                feel like a bit of a gimp now
                "I'm telling a Lie!"
                Was that statement true or false?

Comment

• Hey,
                  Do you have to wear webbing on a PNCO course or your own stuff? Also any tips on what gear is good bad or indifferent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vamp369 View Post
                    Hey,
                    Do you have to wear webbing on a PNCO course or your own stuff? Also any tips on what gear is good bad or indifferent?
                    Have your unit issued you webbing??? If yes, it would be advisable to wear that, if not, some. It can't be good to be different. See the sticky at the top. The Good Tips, knowledge of the ages.

Read that, especially some of Apods posts. about what to bring.

Remember, if you pack it, you are carrying it.

Comment

Hey,
                      Heard of the phrase "adapt, improvise, overcome"? Just tell the DS to carry your gear for you. They'll be impressed by your sense of initiative, as well as your sense of humour.

Things like rifle, ammunition and thunderflashes are optional. Tell the DS that too. Ignore Dazzler, he's just taking things too seriously. Next thing you'll be saying you've been training for the fitness test. Everyone knows the RDF fitness test consists of ticking the box marked "Fitness test completed" on your application form.
                      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
                        Heard of the phrase "adapt, improvise, overcome"? Just tell the DS to carry your gear for you. They'll be impressed by your sense of initiative, as well as your sense of humour.

Things like rifle, ammunition and thunderflashes are optional. Tell the DS that too. Ignore Dazzler, he's just taking things too seriously. Next thing you'll be saying you've been training for the fitness test. Everyone knows the RDF fitness test consists of ticking the box marked "Fitness test completed" on your application form.
                        I am taking the PNCO course so seriously, that I am one of the only 3*'s in my unit who didn't bother to apply for it. (And then I was asked why I didn't apply by a few of the NCO's!!! I think it's because I am the Best there is!!!!)

Most of the lads here know why I didn't apply though. Very few in my unit do!!! (except those here, who are in my Unit but don't admit it!!!! SIR...)

Comment

Hey,
                          Can't talk about all units but Students on the Southern Bde PNCOs cse HAVE to wear issue webbing (however if you have British Green PLCE which is practically the same thing, noone will notice or care). Anything that is not Pattern 91 PLCE is unacceptable for belt order. Also, along with the webbing comes sleeping systems, wet gear etc. Not having these items will cause you all sort of grief.

As for what to bring, that will be part of a lecture on the course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
                            I am taking the PNCO course so seriously, that I am one of the only 3*'s in my unit who didn't bother to apply for it. (And then I was asked why I didn't apply by a few of the NCO's!!! I think it's because I am the Best there is!!!!)

Most of the lads here know why I didn't apply though. Very few in my unit do!!! (except those here, who are in my Unit but don't admit it!!!! SIR...)
                            So you think your the best eh???? ah suppose your not the worst down there

I would suggest getting a hippo pad,,worth ever penny!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
                              So you think your the best eh???? ah suppose your not the worst down there

I would suggest getting a hippo pad,,worth ever penny!!!
                              I agree with this!!! Worth their weight in gold!!! and at €10 a bargin!!! http://store.irishmilitaryonline.com...660abb871ad1cc

Comment

Hey,
                                Read the joining instructions, note you should have sent the form/email to the BTC by now to notify them you have received same!

Comment

Working...
                                X