No announcement yet.

webbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

those press studs can be replaced.Try your local shoe repair shop or leather goods store they should be able to do it for you.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Why not get some of the US ALICE LBE stuff? It's not the best gear in the world and it may not suit everyones needs but it is dirt cheap. It holds up well and can be combined with that '58 pattern and that PLCE.

It's very easily available and is far far cheaper that that PLCE.

Pistol belt, new = US$15, used $5
      Ammo Pouches = new, $10, used $5
      Canteen and cover. new US$15, used $5

There is an endless varity of buttpacks, pouches, etc that can be added.

Like i said, it's pretty much obsolete in the US forces, but it served well and I don't think it is such bad gear at all.
      No-one, I think, is in my tree...

Comment

thats fairly cheap but would probably depend on unit wheter or not you get bottled for wearing it.
        Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

I need a full set of webbing ASAP, what can you do for me?
          Need some op boots too, what do you have?
          Last edited by Chief Bubblewrap; 28 May 2006, 10:36.
          Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Look in the store....what do you count as a full set???
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

The store is now doing a 7-piece set of new PLCE webbing for €160.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

im also looking for some good cefo

can anyone throw out a few sugguestions for places to look for good value plce or what not? I had a look at the rig that is on the icoa website, anyone any opinions? cheers
                These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

ps

does anyone have a picture of the webbing there selling in the store here? anyone bought it and does it do the job? thanks
                  These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

To be 100% honest, you see a lot of people with gucci assault vests and the like, but if you're doing light infantry work your best bet is PLCE (real deal, or milspec reproduction. NOT WEBTEX), and if you're vehicle mounted you want a 42 pattern chest rig

Comment

cheers, i hadnt thought about chest rigs, im in the res. cav myself but i figure i wont see the inside of a vehicle for a few years yet so i figure ill go for some plce cos the most ill be doing is, how you said, light infantry work. do you know any web sites you can look at that gear you mentioned?

Comment

This one does see the store link in the top right hand corner. Ebays also full of the stuff although its mostly DPM. Appart from that there are loads of places on the web just type in surplus and plce into google.
                        "Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Here you go garv - http://www.irishmilitaryonline.com/s...products_id=44

Comment

If you are in reserve cav, you will be seeing an inside of a vehicle, and PLCE is useless in the back of a nissan, as it greatly restricts your ability to get out of the vehicle quickly.

However if you are doing recce on foot, PLCE is better than a Chest rig.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

for some reason the picture wont come up for me, the only one coming up is the hip protector...
                              Well ive just completed my recruit camp there a while back and as far as i know theres no vehicle training untill your a 3star so id say the plce will better suit the type of training ill be doing for the next while.

Comment

Here's the webbing sold in the store.
                                Attached Files
                                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Working...
                                X