No announcement yet.

webbing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just spotted your location. You won't be seeing the inside of a vehicle for a long time.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Why buy a set of webbing and a chest rig?Or why have to choose which is better.Get an assault vest.Compromise option,best of both worlds and besides all the major armies are going that route anyway.
      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Whatever you do don't buy Web-Tex, it's muck.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Second that!
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
            I just spotted your location. You won't be seeing the inside of a vehicle for a long time.
            Your probably right but why do you think so? sure the inf training will keep me plenty occupied!

Thanks for the picture man, one queation though: would there not be a necessity for a larger pouch on the back rather than several smaller ones?
            These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Comment

Originally posted by garv
              Thanks for the picture man, one queation though: would there not be a necessity for a larger pouch on the back rather than several smaller ones?
              It's down to personal preference really. You could replace two of the utility pouches with a respirator pouch:

But some people feel that it's too unwieldy and bounces around a lot.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
                Whatever you do don't buy Web-Tex, it's muck.
                how do you tell the difference between web-tex and the "good stuff"
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Since, as a rule, Web-Tex only makes Brit DPM PLCE you only have to look out for them when buying a bergen, vest or chest rig. In each case the label should clearly read Web-Tex.

Honest retailers will also describe their goods accurately, so ask them when buying or browsing.

Comment

Originally posted by FMolloy
                    Since, as a rule, Web-Tex only makes Brit DPM PLCE you only have to look out for them when buying a bergen, vest or chest rig. In each case the label should clearly read Web-Tex.

Honest retailers will also describe their goods accurately, so ask them when buying or browsing.
                    and I think you could add the Viper made stuff aswell, since they are all basically made by the same company.
                    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter
                      and I think you could add the Viper made stuff aswell, since they are all basically made by the same company.
                      You can.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV
                        if, of course, it worked
                        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

My best advice as to webbing set up is to luck at how the pdf or even the b.a do it(we have the same plce just a different colour) you wont go far wrong.The respirator haversack is never worn on the belt anymore except when used on inspection.Nearly all replace it with one or two utility pouches.

Comment

My kindney pouches are long gone from my webbing too, 4 ammo pouches and 5 waterbottle pouches, all held tight with a bunjee.
                            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

"My kindney pouches are long gone from my webbing too, 4 ammo pouches and 5 waterbottle pouches, all held tight with a bunjee."
                              5waterbottle pouches!! what the hell do you carry in all that?

i'm a 34" inch waist and really only ever can get 3 (at a squeeze 4) utlility pouches on my belt without having ammo pouches covering my groin.
                              An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

One of the pouches is empty most of the time, Its just somewhere to put extra ammo, food etc. But I've been meaning to set it up again, IE readjust pouches and remove others.
                                It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Working...
                                X