Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: webbing?

Post Thanks / Like
    The yoke, belt and respirator pouch are PLCE, the rest isn't.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMolloy View Post
    The yoke, belt and respirator pouch are PLCE, the rest isn't.
    never claimed it was.
    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ackack View Post
    never claimed it was.
    Did I say you did? I was just pointing out a fact, given that other posters have been unsure about what's on sale down there.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair enough, i must have picked you up wrong.sorry
    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Post Thanks / Like
    The ammo Pouches look like Protac, which is not surprising as:

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie fish View Post
    They don't sell webtex in midleton. He only sells surplus PLCE or Protac stuff.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Post Thanks / Like
    they're not the protac ones, they're double ammo pouches, but they don't have the insert to seperate the two mags, whereas the protac ones do, in my mind, for fifty bucks you can't go wrong with it even if it does fall apart after a few months, it's better than spending a small fortune on webtex and having it fall apart in a few months.
    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Webtex ,poor grade plce ,protec ,green dunnes stores bags he called it shit stuff and i would tend to believe him he doesnt tend to comment on things he doesn,t know about and i seen his own kit from the brits and this stuff crap in comparison
    I got the Midleton stuff (The shop is called is called Eureka) a few years ago. Since then I have bought a few bits and pieces and webbing sets for friends. The Stuff is NOT Webtex. It is ex-Brit army stuff. Some of it is in very poor condition.

They seem to have got a new lot in recently. There isn't much but if you look around you can get a fairly good set together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ackack View Post
    they're not the protac ones, they're double ammo pouches, but they don't have the insert to seperate the two mags, whereas the protac ones do, in my mind, for fifty bucks you can't go wrong with it even if it does fall apart after a few months, it's better than spending a small fortune on webtex and having it fall apart in a few months.
    Any labels on said pouches?That might help clear this up??

Post Thanks / Like
    nope, not a sausage, so it's definitely not webtex.
    Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Post Thanks / Like
    btw who ever laid the flooring in the photo should be shot.....

having laid out a few quid a few years back on brits DPM webbing and added a few//three oversize pouches from webtex..used the rig on the ground a lot...well happy...and all for under 100e..

have an Artkis chestrig as well...great bit of kit..

the only way to know is go out and work with the issue be it plce or 58 pattern and learn and then build on what you need believe it or not items of 58 pattern are still better than there alleged successors....the water bottle and carrier has still to be improved on..the left hand pouch with built in bayonet frog....

Combat and survival mag ran a seris of articles on 58 pattern a few months ago... very informative..
    Time for another break I think......

Trooper
    Post Thanks / Like

new gear?

I believe the pdf have or are about to adopt a new webbing system(actually anyone have any pictures?), i heard a rumour that the rdf would be getting the old plce gear to replace our 58's, any truth to this?
    These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes we are getting a new system called IPLCS(integrated protection and load carrying system).No pics available yet.
    Rdf will recieve the old plce to replace the 58 ptn.
    For more info on iplcs see the link on the "new equipment "thread.

[MOD: Insert link]
    http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...9&d=1164294168

Trooper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any idea of a time frame as to when ye wil get issued it or(more importantly) when the plce will filter down to us?

Also, whats the little do-hickey on the body group of that steyr,never seen that before?
    These engines are the fastest in any tanks in the European Theater of Operations, forwards or backwards. You see, man, we like to feel we can get out of trouble, quicker than we got into it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by garv View Post
    Also, whats the little do-hickey on the body group of that steyr,never seen that before?
    Remote Push To Talk button for the Marconi PRR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by garv View Post
    Any idea of a time frame as to when ye wil get issued it or(more importantly) when the plce will filter down to us?

Within the next two years.
    Answered allready in new equipment thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep your posts on-topic. If you want to discuss new kit & when it's coming in you can do so in the 'new equipment' thread, which can be found in the Army sub-forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Was that directed at me or Garv 'cos i didnt start it

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not directing it at anyone, I'm just reminding 'the community' of what this thread's about.

Private 3*
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Webbing In Question Was Specially Made For A Film In The Uk And Was For Sale In Large Quantities At The War And Peace Show Last July.

Trooper
    Post Thanks / Like

Putting together plce

Just got a set of plce from the store, seems to be great stuff,now if only there was a tactics weekend coming up....!

Having a bit of difficulty putting the bloody thing together properly though, I have a few questions if anyone can help.

1) The 2 rectangle metal clips in the middle of the belt, are these of attaching a poncho or for the rear straps of the yoke?( or both?)

3) Should those clips be faced up or down on the belt?

2) Should the male end of the front buckle be on the left or right side(given that im right handed)

These may be completely obvious questions but i just cant figure it!

Trooper
    Post Thanks / Like
    cheers, thats what i figured for Q's 1 and 2 but when i went to attach the pouchs etc i found that the holes on the inside of the belt for securing the tongues(well thats what i call them!) on the pouches where upside down (i.e one side would take the plastic tongue and the other wouldnt because there all sewn almost closed thus lecing the pouchs attached upside down) any suggetions?

Trooper
    Post Thanks / Like
    ** leaving the pouchs attached upside down) any suggetions?

Post Thanks / Like
    The 2 rectangle metal clips in the middle of the belt, are these of attaching a poncho or for the rear straps of the yoke?( or both?)
    try and get the metal clips of the 58 pattern webbing and use them on your yoke

this will allow you to clip te yoke onto the webbing

make sure you black tape it securely to prevent rattling

as for the holey things on the belt that the semi circular bit from the pouch goes into

get a very warm and damp cloth- leave it over the holey things

then get a knitting needle and removing the cloth insert the knitting needle into the now pliable holey thing

once the hole is enlarged put the semi circular bits into it

then with a big pliars try and crimp of the metaly things

Risk Assesment
    Get your mammy to carefully put the hot damp cloth onto the belt

at no stage should you run with a hot damp cloth

further get your granny to enlarge the hole with the knitting needle

knitting needle should NOT be inserted into your eye or any part of your body
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Trooper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
    as for the holey things on the belt that the semi circular bit from the pouch goes into

get a very warm and damp cloth- leave it over the holey things

then get a knitting needle and removing the cloth insert the knitting needle into the now pliable holey thing

once the hole is enlarged put the semi circular bits into it

then with a big pliars try and crimp of the metaly things

Risk Assesment
    Get your mammy to carefully put the hot damp cloth onto the belt

at no stage should you run with a hot damp cloth

further get your granny to enlarge the hole with the knitting needle

knitting needle should NOT be inserted into your eye or any part of your body
    Im not too sure about pulling threads out of my lovely and immaculate new webbing, i was kinda of the opinion that somehow the securing holes for the pouchs was sewn in upside down into the belt.

As for running with a damp cloth i never made the connection between the 2nd degree burns and the hot cloth before, man this web-site is the dogs bo**ox!

Post Thanks / Like
    As for running with a damp cloth i never made the connection between the 2nd degree burns and the hot cloth before
    Risk Assesment

I have seen the future and its shite

and your not actually removing threads ( the evidence of this was the lack of risk assement for thread removal)

your just enlarging the hole
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.

Thread Information