RIP CPO Dave (D.P.) Cronin (NS retd.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP CPO Dave (D.P.) Cronin (NS retd.)

D.P. passed away at about 19.00 this (wedensday) evening. He had been ill for some time.

He was attached to the Cork unit of An Slua MuirĂ­ as Cadre staff for many years until his retirement. Dave was very old school and I remember being terrified of him when I was a recruit. I think there were a lot of officers both RDF and PDF who felt the same.

D.P. had his faults but who doesn't? I'm sure that everyone of a certain age in the NSR, and those even older in the NS, has a story about Dave Cronin.

RIP

Dave Cronin was one of those guys who you either loved or hated. Personally, I thought he was brilliant, and he was always a gentleman to me. I first met him in the late 80's, when I was the NS SBA assigned to attend a Slua summer camp, and he welcomed me with open arms. A real gentleman, may he Rest in Peace

Comment

I too was terrified of DP.
      I remember being on a range in Kilworth and not having earplugs, when I asked an LS he said to ask the Chief (DP) another individual also didn't have any plugs and was just asking the Chief when I marched over. DP lifted him out of it using language that would make a sailor blush, I did without the earplugs that day, they were different times. I do remember another encounter where I had to call to his office midweek and he was an absolute gentleman on that occasion. I will remember him fondly for what he was when he was.

RIP.
      Last edited by FMolloy; 17 May 2007, 00:32.
      No Beast so fell that knows no pity,
      No Beast am I, For I know no pity...

Comment

i didn't actually know this man .May his soul RIP and may we think of his family in our prayers.
        Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Rip

Comment

yes remember the chief from my days in ASM....and met him once in the base....

RIP
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

R.i.p.

Comment

May he rest in peace
                I dont have an alcohol problem, im just a social butterfly

Comment

R.i.p.
                  Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by average fridge door like
                    i didn't actually know this man .May his soul RIP and may we think of his family in our prayers.
                    Nicely put, id like to second that.

Comment

R.i.p.

Rest in peace D.P. , all my memories of D.P. are good, the only man I knew who could smoke a cigarette to the butt, while shaving.

jbkenn

Comment

rip

Comment

Working...
                        X