No announcement yet.

Found on E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crye haven't had much luck protecting theirs - the Brits and Yanks sidestepped royalties by making a very minor alteration to the pattern
    Quite the opposite.The yanks got Crye to develop their Scorpion pattern.When the numpties that be decided to go with UCP Crye took the scorpion pattern,tweaked it, and sold it as Multicam. The yanks owned the original pattern.When they decided to ditch UCP and OEF pattern and go to OCP(scorpion w2)they made minor changes to stop Crye from claiming that they were copying Multicam.
    The Brits had to pay for a licence to produce their DPM blended with Cryes Multicam as MTP. Hence the reason that in the early days of MTP it could not be got commercially.The licence has expired now.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post
      Quite the opposite.The yanks got Crye to develop their Scorpion pattern.When the numpties that be decided to go with UCP Crye took the scorpion pattern,tweaked it, and sold it as Multicam. The yanks owned the original pattern.When they decided to ditch UCP and OEF pattern and go to OCP(scorpion w2)they made minor changes to stop Crye from claiming that they were copying Multicam.
      The Brits had to pay for a licence to produce their DPM blended with Cryes Multicam as MTP. Hence the reason that in the early days of MTP it could not be got commercially.The licence has expired now.
      Thanks for that - I had the wrong impression of the whole thing.

Comment

• In fairness on the way to class the other day I seen a fella with what I thought was the Patrol pack because I can spot IDPM a mile off. But when I got closer I seen the shape was all wrong and it had a black pocket on the front and it turned out to be a bag made by Puma, a quick google search confirmed it too, Puma make a line of sports bags in what likes like the older DPM like circa 2008 style

Comment

• In fairness, on the way to class the other day I seen a guy with what looked like the issue patrol pack because I can spot IDPM a mile off, when I got close I seen it was the wrong shape and had some black pocket on the front. Closer inspection showed it was made by Puma and a quick Google search quickly concerned my suspicions. Puma do indeed make a line of stuff in what looks like circa 2008 DPM. So go figure I guess.

Comment

• There's a Serbian camo that's quite like IPDPM too.

I knew a simple soldier boy.....
            Who grinned at life in empty joy,
            Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
            And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
            With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
            He put a bullet through his brain.
            And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
            Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
            Sneak home and pray you'll never know
            The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buck View Post
              There's a Serbian camo that's quite like IPDPM too.

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=Serbia
              Indeed. I have a good serbian friend who did not at all like Irish dpm, as it brought too many sad memories for her.
              For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Interesting.
                Same as the ones currently on trial.

"Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• hmm....

Comment

• Where did you get this?

Comment

• WTF??
                      Seems a bit much to have been bought.

Comment

• As an aside, anyone interested in full set of franch roingear? Looks just like irish DPM, but isnt. Free. Sized to fit someone who is 5'10 and a waistline no larger than 40. Currently heading for the clothes charity bin.

Comment

• Actually tempted to buy one of those Irish flashes...

And the raingear NG, is it in good nick? Photos?
                          I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                          Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                          Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                          And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                          With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                          He put a bullet through his brain.
                          And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                          Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                          Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                          The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

• It is, Only wore it a few times, much tidier in an AML turret than the issue stuff, and difficult to spot the difference from far off. Trousers have zips on each side to ease putting them on and off while sitting down and also fold into their own arse pocket. Jacket rolls into the hood, which also fits in the arse pocket of the trousers, or pantalon.
                            Photos to follow..

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmitÃ* View Post
                              It is, Only wore it a few times, much tidier in an AML turret than the issue stuff, and difficult to spot the difference from far off. Trousers have zips on each side to ease putting them on and off while sitting down and also fold into their own arse pocket. Jacket rolls into the hood, which also fits in the arse pocket of the trousers, or pantalon.
                              Photos to follow..
                              Bought a set a few years ago - fantastic gear
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Thanks for the interest folks. It has been saved from the charity bin and will instead live out its days keeping some IMO user mostly dry...

Comment

Working...
                                X