No announcement yet.

Found on E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Informed him a few times that it was illegal he aint bothered and I wasn't going to give myself a headache.Really only reason I got on to him is because I hate it when I see civvy's wearing millitary kit and I know of people who cant get it.
    "Let no mans ghost come back to say my training let him down"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      Selling is illegal probably S157 of the act.

Buying is governed under section 260 but look at the wording in the original

this was redone in 1987 and the fine increased to £250.
      Hard stuck to get uniforms back from non attending members, so this will
      probably not be enforced...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• If there was no market for DF Kit, there would be no sales. However I am sure many people use EBAY to suppliment their own stock of kit, as it is near impossible to get any issue replacement these days.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• charge him ex or not

Comment

• Originally posted by SEAMAN View Post
            charge him ex or not
            Can't charge him with a military offence if he's no longer in service.
            What would the equivalent offence under civil law be?
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              Has anyone noticed that Bidder No 3 on the cap badge is bidding against himself?

bidder 3 has an auto bid set up thats why it looks like he is bidding against himself

with someone willing to pay you £200 for a cap badge you could email me abuse all you wanted, also why would english based seelers car about irish law and with the amounts being paid on ebay why would an irish one really give a monkeys?

2 smocks, 3 shirts 3 trousers to an ex member = car insurance paid for a year, not right and i am certainly against it, but i totally understand the practice and some abusive emails wouldnt stop me from doing it if i were so inclined
              You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

• Those aren't just military offences; the 1954 act applies mainly to DF personnel yes, but the rest applies to all.
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Just to let some members know, Irish DPM shirts, trousers and even some smocks are widely available in the North. I know of a few places around Belfast that sell it and have also seen a few people wearing it about to. Once I saw what looked like an almost brand new DPM smock on drunk homeless guy in the city centre.

There are also quite a few dress uniforms for sale to, and have seen a beret or two also and also some rank slides. I remeber seeing a guy in the odyssey wearing an Irish dress uniform jacket. So it doesn't surprise me at all that this stuff appears on ebay and I don't see how any amount of abusive e-mails are going to stop it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                    with someone willing to pay you £200 for a cap badge you could email me abuse all you wanted,
                    Did ye actually look at the cap badge?

I think it is a 1916 Volunteers badge - Dublin unit. Note the "Drong Áta Cliat" instead of "Óglaig na hÉireann". I could be wrong

But it is definately NOT a plain old cap badge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post
                      no, i just read the posts here, that cap badge i would think is perfectly entitled to be on ebay.
                      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

• Originally posted by Docman View Post

I think it is a 1916 Volunteers badge - Dublin unit. Note the "Drong Áta Cliat" instead of "Óglaig na hÉireann". I could be wrong

But it is definately NOT a plain old cap badge.

Mmm, yes, indeed, that might be worth a few bob alright....

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                          Dublin Brigade, Irish Volunteers.
                          So... really 1916 vintage?
                          Meh.

Comment

• So heres a question if I had a piece of kit that didn't fit anymore could I give it to someone in the reserves and not cause much hassle.
                            "Let no mans ghost come back to say my training let him down"

Comment

• ebay sales of dpm

how do we report this?! disgraceful
                              Ack ack ack ack ack..Kaboom!! hooray!!!! arrrrrr....
                              Pedro lacks political experience

Comment

• Originally posted by hotdawg View Post
                                http://cgi.ebay.ie/RARE-IRISH-DPM-CA...QQcmdZViewItem

how do we report this?! disgraceful
                                To the Gardaí/MP's.

Subtle dig in one of the pictures, draping the jacket over a Union Jack

Comment

Working...
                                X