No announcement yet.

Found on E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jesus, got one of them off a mate who ended up at the open day last year! all you have to do is put a date on it...I think "Era:1945" is in the wrong context..

more like

"so what year is this?" ......." 'era..1945 sure!" :D
    If God made man, then Smith and Weston made us equal...

Comment

• Are these really Irish army? The buttons don't have the "IV" on them.
      Meh.

Comment

• All we need now is some criminal assets to make it all the more fun

"The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

• Fast lane to becoming an officer
          Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

• Get your own party hat; http://cgi.ebay.ie/Irish-Army-Cavalr...QQcmdZViewItem
            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• Thats not a Cav Glengarry, thats an FCA officers Glengarry. Different breed completely.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• I didn't say it was for the Chav, thats just yer man selling it. It is a party hat though!
                Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

• No. Different machine totally.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• WTF?

Perhaps someone would like this to wear on the wrong side to celebrate their Grandfathers acheivements?
                    Meh.

Comment

• I know exactly what it is, hence my "WTF".
                      Meh.

Comment

• I dont think he knows the significance of hte medal

(the seller not Kermit)

he has it listed as

EIRE Ireland WW1 War Service Medal English Irish Army
                        or am i stating the obvious and that is what the WTF was about
                        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by yooklid View Post
                          WTF?

Perhaps someone would like this to wear on the wrong side to celebrate their Grandfathers acheivements?
                          Originally posted by kermit
                          That's a War of Independence medal for women and inactive service. Nothing to do with the British Army.

Here is it's history :
                          http://www.irishmedals.com/1921.html
                          Seeing as the medal would not be one earned by the wearer, I would imagine it would
                          still have to be worn on the RHS of the uniform (with permission of course, and so
                          long as it didn't interfere with the correct positioning of the Dutch Para Wings )
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by kermit
                            Not to forget the Brass Nameplate, fainne, foreign muff diving wings etc, you'd need an extention to your shoulder before long.
                            Actually, I read that the new US Air Force SD uniforms have the breast pockets lowered to allow for more medals to be worn.

Comment

• Actually, I read that the new US Air Force SD uniforms have the breast pockets lowered to allow for more medals to be worn.
                              for some of those lads there breast pocket would have to be brought down to a bellly button pocket
                              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

• Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                                for some of those lads there breast pocket would have to be brought down to a bellly button pocket
                                On the Air Force uniforms....???
                                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                                X