X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
    Irish Republic(ian) Army
    ????

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
      ????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Irish-Republic-A...d#ht_500wt_949

Connaught Stranger

Comment

• Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
        http://cgi.ebay.com/Irish-Republic-A...d#ht_500wt_949

Connaught Stranger
        Ahh, OK....

$95 asking bid ???!!!
        Last edited by Truck Driver; 29 July 2011, 05:33.
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• http://shop.ebay.ie/jamesdack1/m.htm...id=p4340.l2562

Comment

• So reluctant as I am to ask, it must be asked.

If one has a large box of surplus OG Irish Army combats, what is the correct procedure for disposal of same, given they are no longer issue and.. does anyone want em :P

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
              So reluctant as I am to ask, it must be asked.

If one has a large box of surplus OG Irish Army combats, what is the correct procedure for disposal of same, given they are no longer issue and.. does anyone want em :P
              Any builders knocking about in your neck of the woods or even some hunters?

my brother uses an old combat jacket i gave him years ago
              Anyone need a spleen ?

Comment

They still belong to the Minister

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  Apart from the fact that some officer somewhere has written them off the books as being destroyed.

Connaught Ranger.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                    How do they belong to the minister since he ordered everyone to wear something else since 2001?
                    Does Bullswool belong to the minister too?

Comment

• It doesn't matter it was "issued" not "given" to you.

Unless it was boarded (or similar) it is still on issue.

Comment

• Of course it's boarded. It was issued to me about 15-20 years ago!

Comment

There is a group of Irish army reenactors who might use the stuff ,

I am sure someone here could pass the kit on to them they would give it a good home .
                          All seemed to be ex PDF

Comment

• Given it has a notional life span after that life span it is no deemed no longer in existence.

Unless the minister wants to turn up on your doorstep and has the correct waste permit pertaining to the items, I'd say your quite within your rights to dispose of it as you wish.

Given the thinking that 'army surplus' was never made available to the public being that if there was no surplus it could not fall into the hands of paramilitaries and thus reducing the chance of a member of the DF being impersonated.

Given there are numerous renactment societies using said same kit thers hadly going to be an issue.

If you decide to flog it on ebay...just remember to take your number off each item.
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

• Originally posted by spud68 View Post
                              There is a group of Irish army reenactors who might use the stuff
                              Сайт московской страйкбольной команды "3rd Northern Brigade"

Comment

• Originally posted by Seanachie View Post
                                Given it has a notional life span after that life span it is no deemed no longer in existence.
                                The notional life is to do with getting new kit on fair wear and tear and how much you are charged if you lose it.

Comment

Working...
                                X