Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Cav Trooper Killed in crash. (Please disable your signature when posting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R I P.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rip

Comment

Soldier killed in head-on collision is laid to rest

Soldier killed in head-on collision is laid to rest
          Irish Independent 06/01/2006
          Ralph Riegel

A SOLDIER killed in a car crash was buried with full military honours yesterday.

The funeral of trooper John Graville (45) brought the north Cork town of Fermoy to a standstill as the First Brigade paid tribute to their late comrade.

Mr Granville, of Liam MacGearailt Place, Fermoy, was killed instantly when the car he was driving was involved in a head-on collision with a truck between Rathcormac and Watergrasshill on the main Dublin-Cork road last Tuesday.

Duty

The soldier had been travelling to Collins Barracks in Cork, where he was scheduled to go on duty, when he was killed.

Yesterday, his Requiem Mass at 2pm was marked by a full honour guard drawn from the First Cavalry Squadron, First Brigade. The coffin was brought from St Patrick's church by a special bearer party accompanied by the band of the First Southern Brigade. His remains were brought to Kilcrumper cemetery where the burial was attended by a firing party of seven soldiers.

The Irish flag flew at half-mast at Collins Barracks yesterday. Mr Granville had served for over 20 years with the First Cavalry Squadron, serving at Fitzgerald Camp in Fermoy before its closure six years ago. He has been based at Collins Barracks in Cork since then.

The mourners were led yesterday by his parents, Paddy and Mary, his wife, Elma, his son, Jason, and his daughters, Andrea and Colette. Fermoy Gardai are continuing to investigate the circumstances of the tragic accident and have renewed their appeal for witnesses to come forward.

Comment

R.i.p.
            Trouble, Trouble, I tried to chase trouble but its chasing me.
            Trouble, trouble, trouble with a capitol T
            do do do do do do do da do do do. etc etc......

Comment

Rip
              If I tell you, I'll have to kill you,
              If I kill you I'll have to eat you.
              So, any questions?

Comment

Rest In Peace
                WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

Rest in Peace.

My condolences to his family.
                  If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

Rip.
                    "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Rip

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

Marcus Aurelius Roman Emperor (161 to 180 A.D.)

Comment

Rest in Peace
                        I dont have an alcohol problem, im just a social butterfly

Comment

rest in peace

I am in shape...Round is a shape
                          \m/_(>_<)_\m/

Comment

Working...
                          X