No announcement yet.

Foreign Naval Visits 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a portuguese vessel in Dublin today - I think it may have been F476. First thought it was French... anyway:

Definitely in need of a lick of paint at least
    Last edited by pym; 16 June 2006, 01:28.

Comment

HMS Ocean due in Dublin at the end of the month. More details later.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Will she have any of the Helis on board?
        "Why am I using a new putter? Because the last one didn't float too well." -Craig Stadler

Comment

Visitors To Galway At Weekend

Hi Guys

Two visitors to Galway this weekend were the German Fishery Protection Vessel "Seeadler" and the small French Navy Minesweeper "Altair".

Not sure if the German ship is Navy but they were wearing Naval uniforms, I took more which I wll post on Galway Ships when the Air show is over.

Regards
          Brian

Comment

Nice Photos as always Brian. Seeadler is a coastguard vessel.

Fishery protection
            On this sector the competence is with the Federal Institution for agriculture and nutrition (BLE) on behalf Federal Ministry for nutrition, agriculture and forests. The BLE are available for the monitoring of the fishery three ships. The major task is the monitoring of the observance from technical measures to the preservation of the fish existence, in particular control of minimum mesh openings, of net accessories, the minimum size of fish, cancers and soft animals, the observance of catch prohibitions, the restriction of certain catch activities and the processing of certain catches. Due to administrative agreements boats of the BGS and the customs administration are used likewise in the fishery monitoring.

Comment

Thanks Goldie fish

I was wondering about the colour stripes down the hull like the US Coastguard.

Brian

Comment

From yesterdays Sunday Independant.

Tight security for visit by British Navy's biggest warship
                Don Lavery
                There will be tight security in Dublin Port at the end of the month when Britains biggest warship,the helicopter carrier HMS Ocean visits.
                The 21000 tonne ship, which was part of the UK task force supporting the Invasion of Iraq,will pay its second visit to the capital within three years.
                There will be restricted airspace over the ship while she is in port. HMS Ocean can carry 480 Commandos, 450 sailors and aircrew, along with vehicles, artillery and stores. It can carry 12 Merlin and six smaller Lynx helicopters. Chinook transport and Apache attack helicopters can also use the ship.
                The Occasion(starting June 29) is the latest in a series of goodwill visits by UK armed forces here since the ending of the Troubles.
                Is it just me or does Ole don sound a tad unwelcoming and crusty towards this visit?

Also visiting shortly:
                21 Jun 06 HNLMS Mercuur A 900 Dublin

Comment

The French vessel Altair is used (along with it's sister vessels) to carry out regular surveys of the approaches to the French Submarine Bases. The CO is normally a Warrant Officer.

Comment

HMS Ocean making waves in Dail...

HMS Ocean is making waves in the Dail...

Comment

I laugh every time i hear that Sinn Fein are anti war. Its odd that there is no mention given to the British and US troops that have also died as a result of the conflict. Surely true "anti war" people would be opposed to all deaths, not just iraqis?

Comment

I'm surprised their resident expert on naval matters didn't make a comment
                        Meh.

Comment

Captain birdseye ferris?

Comment

I didn't buy his book..just read his version of his arrest at the time of the incident....very one sided view..and niave..he failed to appreciate that his detention was secondary to the primary mission..to halt the importation of arms..and that if he or any his colleagues had resisted ..they would have been subject to 'reasonable force'

It does trouble me though that how a guy who is....so actively involved in attempeted subversion of the state is an elected representitive....and why he has so many colleagues in our elected assembly...where has society failed to show that these people are worthless scumbags who survived on peoples fears....
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The dutch invaded Dublin today, 2 sailing vessels, and what looked to be 3 training/dive vessels (spotted what I assume to be submersible robots on the aft deck)

m863
                              m858
                              couldnt get the pennant of the third

there was also a non navy gray ship, a902

and a sailing boat "urania" - the other was parked out of view.

interesting bunch!

Comment

An "M" in the pennant number usually identifies the ship as a Minesweeper. If it has a Pennant number, is grey and is travelling with other naval vessels, you can assume its also a Naval vessel. The "A" in the pennant number is for auxiliaries. In many countries these are operated by civilians for the Navy..

The Sailing vessels were in Cork earlier in the week.

Comment

Working...
                                X