No announcement yet.

Foreign Naval Visits 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading the Examiner yesterday I saw that the crusty band were out shouting abuse at HMS Ocean, calling her a Terrorist Ship, and that by letting her visit, it was a sign of Ireland farce of Neutrality. They dont seem to complain when other coalition ships dock?
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

They throw a fit when the yanks used to visit also(they don't visit any more)

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish
        They throw a fit when the yanks used to visit also(they don't visit any more)
        Pity really, I remember being in Cobh one year when they paid a visit...was class
        What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Captain birdseye ferris?
          Bingo
          Meh.

Comment

The Star had a good picture of HMS Ocean the other day looking at it bow on.

A small dot to the port side of the ship was eventually made out to be a NS vessel
            (Niamh?)
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

USS The Sullivans is berthed alongside the Deep Water Quay at Cobh at the moment. It looks impressive from a distance but the security surrounding it is pretty tight so theres no chance of getting a closer look. Ill get pictures tomorrow.

Comment

It saddened me greatly that less than an hour after the above was posted, a notice appeared on crustymedia about the same vessel. They are planning a protest there tomorrow.It also claimed incorrectly that the heavy security Lt Mac mentioned was being carried out by the US Navy.

It is obvious to me that the crusty message was posted by someone who frequents this website.
                Can I ask that in future all posters be sensible about giving details about visits that are likely to result in protests, unless said visits are already in the public domain?

I have notified Gardai about this planned protest.

Comment

What a sad bunch these people are. I remember the days when the US Navy would be welcomed to Cork and public visits of the ships would be allowed and a fun day would be had by all...look at what these fools have done.
                  What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

French naval vessel 'Germinal' will pay a routine visit to Dublin port from 12 - 17 July
                    to be berthed at Sir John Rogersons Quay

Comment

I was down there earlier and yes there are protestors....with their Iraqi flags. Security is extremely tight so I couldnt get any decent shots Im afraid. Here are the pictures I took anyways..

Last edited by McCarthy; 9 July 2006, 22:27.

Comment

she's bigger then I imagined, make's that lorry look like a toy.
                        Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

It saddened me greatly that less than an hour after the above was posted, a notice appeared on crustymedia about the same vessel. They are planning a protest there tomorrow.It also claimed incorrectly that the heavy security Lt Mac mentioned was being carried out by the US Navy.
                          Heh - you should see the commentry. It appears the crusties have decided to mark the moment by imploding.

Originally posted by mutter nutter
                          she's bigger then I imagined, make's that lorry look like a toy.
                          I was at the commisioning ceremony for her sister - the McCAMPBELL. Big sonuva...

Also, the Sullivans is a Flight I so it will be smaller than the McCambell.
                          Last edited by yooklid; 9 July 2006, 20:48.
                          Meh.

Comment

I counted three protestors. When converted to crustycount, that makes it about 50....

Any chance you could resize those images, before I do it for you?

Comment

No bother, I'll do it now.

*EDIT* done..
                              Last edited by McCarthy; 9 July 2006, 22:27.

Comment

My own efforts for the day.

Some of you may have seen the film, or know the story.
                                George, Francis, Joseph, Madison, and Albert Sullivan, all sailors from Waterloo, Iowa, gave their lives in World War II, when on November 12, 1942, the cruiser JUNEAU (CL 52) was sunk during the battle of Guadalcanal. Tragically, most of the crew was lost, including all five Sullivan brothers.
                                This vessel is the third vessel to be named in hohour of the brothers.

Comment

Working...
                                X