No announcement yet.

Foreign Naval Visits 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Pics as usual goldie. Speaking of which, I have a few of duncannon I must upload soon
    What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Keeping an eye on http://booking.dublinport.ie/dpcweb/ will help let you know a few days in advance of a Naval Vessel coming in FS Germinal is only one currently listed.

Comment

11 Jul 06 HNLMS Van Nes F 833 Cork

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

According to last night's Evening Herald, a Coast Guard helicopter had to airlift one of the crew of the USS The Sullivans back to Ireland. The ship was about 100 miles out to sea when the sailor suffered a crushed hand.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

From the local publication "Inside Cobh".

Comment

That looks like an M-14. I didn't think they were still in front-line use with US forces, apart from some marksman conversions.
              "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

The US Navy always use a version of them. In a similar way the Irish NS use the FN. Most line throwing rockets are fired from a 7.62mm rifle.
                The crew members on deck were also armed with 12.7mm HMG(Twin mounts), and shotguns. Its nothing new. Its been standard practice even before the current security climate.

Comment

As for the crew man being airlifted...wasn't it with theUSS 'Inchon' Visit back in 1988 that some of the local ladies from Cobh had to be repatriated..lol
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

No, That was another ship that went to Ringaskiddy... USS Stark i think. The Cobh ladies had more self respect....

Comment

Well the self repect must be a new think given as recruits we were warned about certain aspects of some of their virtues..

who has ever heard of Kakka's Mob.?...the oldest and goldest only I fear.
                      Last edited by hptmurphy; 28 July 2006, 22:36.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

USS Sullivan's taken by one of her crew, from Cobh

Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

nice shamrock on USS Sullivan

Comment

Visit of Brazilian Navy Ship to Cork

The Brazilian Navy Training Ship 'Brasil' is in Cork at the moment. One Irish Navy Officer had been serving onboard for the past two months.

Comment

The weather there today is something they wouldn't be used to.

Comment

Photo of the Training Ship 'Brasil'

Comment

Working...
                                X