L.E Eithne visit to Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt McCarthy
    They will definitley have to stopover but its not yet definite where.
    Maybe they'll even stop a few times.
    When Niamh went to Asia she stopped half a dozen times.
    To go from here to brazil is a hell of a distance so I wouldnt rule out Spain as a stopover.

EDIT heres a pic of Niamh on a stopover in Tenerife en-route to Asia in '03

It is actually LE Niamh on a fuel stop in Tenerife while enroute to Liberia in Oct 2003. LE Niamh visited Asia in 2002 and went through the Suez Canal NOT via South Africa !
    ________
    Herbal Vaporizer Reviews
    Last edited by Sailor Girl; 24 March 2011, 12:47.

Comment

Sorry about that

Comment

Eithne left this morning at 1130

Comment

Its the third story in this 76 second clip. How generous of RTE.

Comment

You'd think RTE would make an effort for this

Comment

They never have before, why start now?

They(RTE) only want to report bad news about the DF

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

at least they made some sort of effort, TV3 didnt even bother even saying anything about Eithne.

p.s. i'm not standing up for RTE

Comment

TV3 did a report on the day before the trip began. there may be something today
                  What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

I think that RTE's coverage of the DF's reflects the demand for such coverage in the country, i.e. the average person takes little notice or interst in our DF's unfortunately. And of course a negative story is a better sound bite that a positive one and most people like to hear bad news to some extent, aslong as it doesn't effect them.

Good look to the crew, safe trip I'm proud that they will represent us abroad as excellently as they do at home.
                    courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

There is an article on military.ie of the trip.
                      Theres also a map showing the route the ships going to take.

Last edited by McCarthy; 7 February 2006, 18:16.

Comment

I have to agree with the comments about the coverage by the Media of the Eithnes departure, it was disgraceful to think that a trip like this would get so little coverage, I dont know if this is the same link you have of Tom McSweeneys report but its all I could find, check it out.

Regards
                        Brian

Comment

Why was it so disgraceful?

It wasn't as if we were going to invade the place.....or repel boarders from some forgotten out post of the empire. It just wasn't news worthy enough.

How many rotations overseas on peace keeping duties have gone unreported?

How many other foreign trips by the NS have gone unreported.?..obviously RTE etc were more interested in Danish cartoonists!
                          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy
                            Why was it so disgraceful?

It wasn't as if we were going to invade the place.....or repel boarders from some forgotten out post of the empire. It just wasn't news worthy enough.

How many rotations overseas on peace keeping duties have gone unreported?

How many other foreign trips by the NS have gone unreported.?..obviously RTE etc were more interested in Danish cartoonists!

it's very sad but the people of our nation wanted to see and hear about bishop
                            casey coming thru dublin docks the eithne leaving the base

Comment

On military.ie the crew give a daily report on whats going on onboard.
                              It also gives their midday position-its worth a look

Comment

see your earlier post in this thread...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                                X