Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Proposed by who a sever year old with a box of crayons? Bang up art work there!
    There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Brigadier General
    Post Thanks / Like
    The AB-139 livery will be much the same as the EC-135's
    "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
    Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

tomas_hamilton
    can anyone give me the correct Gunge or Humbrol paint number for the Aer Corps EC-135.Also I am doing a couple of PC-9s in 1/48 are they the same as the grey Pomie Hawks

Post Thanks / Like
    Unknown yet...but will do research...

Anyway...it has been reported that CHC Scotia are taking over the UK coast guard role in 2007...anyone like to hazard a guess on the machines they are going to operate...?

S92s...alongside AB139s..touch of irony don't you think.

This was posted in a UK shipping magazine this week.
    Just visiting

Vmax
    Quote Originally Posted by hptmurphy
    Unknown yet...but will do research...

Anyway...it has been reported that CHC Scotia are taking over the UK coast guard role in 2007...anyone like to hazard a guess on the machines they are going to operate...?

S92s...alongside AB139s..touch of irony don't you think.

This was posted in a UK shipping magazine this week.

Expect to see the same here at some stage. :wink:

Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting article from Janes on franks board. Of most note to me was that the decision on the two 139's on option, has to be taken by the end of 2006. The first two aircraft will come on stream in the august timeframe, and the next will arrive in early 2007. This doesnt leave a lot of time for assessment, hopefully it was just some form of inducement by the DF for Augusta to get the Aircraft delivered quickly and once that happens they'll place the order for the two options. Although part of me shudders to think they either wont exercise it or only buy one further example. Either way, if an order is placed this year it'll be 2008 before the 5th and 6th 139's would come into service.
    Last edited by pym; 3rd February 2006 at 17:14.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    good job Goldie :wink: .

Options on a further two AB139s need to be exercised before the end of 2006 to secure the contracted pricing. Should this occur, delivery would be expected in 2008.
    Whats the odds of the DF actually exercising the option for 2 further aircraft in time and saving itself a few quid Better luck with the Euro Millions
    Last edited by andy; 4th February 2006 at 10:46.

Cav head
    Post Thanks / Like
    `harsh. nice paint job eelmaster. the said thing is that they prob wont look as good

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems JP Mc Manus has gone and ordered an AB139(or 2) for himself too. Thats handy if we need spares....
    Handy for him too I'm sure..
    http://www.dgualdo.it/prod-ab139.htm

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    This page ... http://www.dgualdo.it/prod-ab139.htm has 6 Ab-139s down for the Ac, including the two on option. However, they've also recently added two new serial no (280 and 281) to their list.

Is this just a guess on their part, or has there been some form of announcement that we've missed?

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Or will it be the other way round...either way the tax payer is paying for all the machines
    Just visiting

Closed Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    D'oh, etc.

Thanks Goldie

Post Thanks / Like

First AW139 for Irish Air Corps.

http://www.flyinginirelandmagazine.c...album=11&pos=1

The first of four AgustaWestland AW139 helicopters for the Irish Air Corps was handed over by Mr. Bruno Spagnolini, AgustaWestland’s Managing Director to Brigadier General James, General Officer Commanding, Irish Air Corps, in the presence of Major General Pat Nash, Deputy Chief of Staff (Operations), Irish Defence Forces, at Vergiate in Italy on August 10th. This handover also marks the first delivery of an AW139 to a military customer

Post Thanks / Like
    Air Corps Receive first AW139 helicopter

The Minister for Defence Mr. Willie O’Dea is pleased to announce that the first of four AW139 helicopters ordered for the Irish Air Corps was accepted from Agusta Westland at Vergiate near Milan, Italy earlier today.

Air Corps pilots have now commenced training on the AW139 in Italy. Training will continue until late October when the second helicopter will be ready for acceptance trials. Following acceptance of the second helicopter, both AW 139 helicopters will be scheduled to arrive in Baldonnel in mid-November 2006.

The Air Corps will use the aircraft for a range of duties including transport of special operation units of the Defence Forces, air ambulance, overland search and rescue and VIP transport.

The AW139 utility helicopter was selected by the Department of Defence in December 2004 following a tender competition. In January 2005, Minister O’Dea signed a contract for the purchase of the 4 AW 139 helicopters at a cost of €48.4m, inclusive of VAT. The four helicopters are being built at the Agusta facility near Milan, Italy.

The AW139 is powered by two Pratt & Whitney PT6C-67C engines. The helicopter has a large unobstructed cabin with sliding doors which allows for easy access and egress for troops and equipment. In the cockpit the aircrew have a fully integrated digital avionics and cockpit display system, which includes a duplex autopilot, flight management system with GPS and a radio navigation system.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

A total of 6 helicopters are being purchased for the Air Corps at an overall cost of €60m approx. 2 Light Utility EC135 helicopters have already been supplied by Eurocopter SAS and are in operational service.

AgustaWestland are supplying 4 AW139 Utility Helicopters, two of which will arrive in Baldonnel in November. The other two will be delivered in the first six months of 2007.

The four utility helicopters will be operated by the Air Corps in general purpose military operational and training roles. Primary taskings will include training and operations with Special Forces, security and aid to the civil power, military exercises, infantry interoperability training and limited troop transport. They will also be used to perform air ambulance, inland Search and Rescue, aid to the civil community and VIP transport tasks.

http://www.defence.ie/website.nsf/Re...9?OpenDocument

"Nice ass, Samson..." mutter nutter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

beautiful , but what's with the yellow outlines on the windows?
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Post Thanks / Like
    They are Pop out windows, for removal in an emergency. It doesn't matter what colour the heli is, they all have these. The Puma had it around the door if I recall correctly

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie fish
    They are Pop out windows, for removal in an emergency. It doesn't matter what colour the heli is, they all have these. The Puma had it around the door if I recall correctly
    right, I just never noticed before, I guess the green make's them stand out more, thank's GF
    Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes the door pops out rather than the plexiglass.

Sometimes the line is a subdued colour. It doesn't really effect camoflage in flight, as the shine from the plexi cancels it out...

Post Thanks / Like
    what's that orange protrusion just before the tail boom?...it doesn't seem to be on other AB139's

Post Thanks / Like
    Its on some of the others. I Know CHCs models have them. Possibly something to do with the flotation gear?

http://www.dgualdo.it/helics-phieh-mdb-001.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie fish
    Its on some of the others. I Know CHCs models have them. Possibly something to do with the flotation gear?

http://www.dgualdo.it/helics-phieh-mdb-001.htm
    could it be a rescue beacon?, you know if the heli went down in th ocean, it would detach and float on the surface to mark the spot and send out a distress signal automatically, might also explain the bright orange colour.

Recruit
    Post Thanks / Like
    "but what's with the yellow outlines on the windows?"

I think this was only for production and should not be on machines when delivered.

Commandant
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like AW held up their end of the bargain on the time of delivery, let's hope the two on option are ordered before the offer runs out.

Thread Information